Project Manager, Allan, SK
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
This position will report to the Capital Program Manager (or Chief Maintenance Engineer).
What you will do:
- Responsible for the successful execution of capital projects, which includes ensuring work is occuring safely, within budget, on schedule, and achieves business objectives.
- Follow Nutrien's Project Management policies, procedures and systems.
- Assess, manage, communicate and report on project status and risks.
- Creating project documents such as WBS, Cost Estimates, Risk Registers, Schedules and Execution Plans.
- Manage all required project documentation through the project life cycle.
- Interface with stakeholders and project teams for successful project development, execution and completion.
- Make recommendations and be involved with decision-making on technical aspects of projects.
- Assist with planning future year Capital budgets, project scope and cost estimations, and project evaluation and selections.
- Be a safety leader and foster a positive safety culture.
What you will bring:
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle a large and varied workload.
- Understand and application of Project Management principles and techniques in accordance with PMBOK.
- Ability to understand and manage work involving multiple disciplines.
- Ability to lead project groups and manage projects.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Professional speaking abilities (ie. speaking in public to groups, and via electronic media).
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical people.
- Proficiency with estimating project costs and forecasting cash flows.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive)
- Proficiency with Primavera scheduling software is an asset.
- Proficiency with Oracle Business Intelligence software is an asset.
- University degree or technical diploma.
- Must be eligible to pursue a PMP designation.
- PMP designation or significant experience in managing projects is an asset.
- Formal education or significant experience in effective communication is an asset.
- Ability to work Underground.
- Understanding of Canadian potash mining is an asset.
- Eliglble to work in Canada.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter