Mechanic, Marseilles, IL
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
What you will do:
- Adhere to plant safety program and environmental program administration
- Manage daily maintenance tasks as assigned general and routine plant functions.
- Assist in daily maintenance goals
- Completion of work orders assigned by Maintenance Supervisor along with completion of requisitions.
- Maintain all mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic systems.
- Conduct frequent housekeeping and safety inspections.
- Fill-in as lead man in the Maintenance Supervisor’s absence if asked.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and systems consistent with safety, quality, cost, and environmental standards.
- Rebuild and repair mechanical equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, rotary feeders, grinding mills, etc.
- Review and participate in accident/injury investigation and corrective action.
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of boiler and pressure vessels.
- Responsible for welding and oxygen/acetylene use.
- Fabrication of parts.
- Bearing/Seal replacement and alignment.
- Coordinate maintenance work with production schedule to ensure plant is able to run when needed
- On-call for plant break downs and emergencies
- Cross train with the operators in the Feed Ingredients Manufacturing Plant to help run the plant, bag product, load/unload trucks/railcars and keep operations running
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to take part in respiratory and hearing testing annually and wear a respirator
- Welding Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a maintenance role
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter