Coordinator, US Trucking - Loveland, CO, USA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
The Coordinator, US Trucking reports directly to the Manager of Truck Operations.
What you will do:
- Analysis of freight spend, volumes and sourcing to report to management on performance
- Optimizing Nutrien’s product sourcing plan, reducing freight costs and maximizing customer service through financial analysis and effective decision-making within own scope of control.
- Interfacing with customers, vendors and internal employees with respect to freight rate verification and service level expectations.
- Working with Nutrien’s internal groups to ensure distribution strategies are being supported and executed within trucking area.
- Providing trucking input into the development and coordination of plans to supply Nutrien’s warehouses in the most economical manner.
- Searching out additional truck vendors to ensure adequate capacity is in place to effectively execute on all shipping schedules
- Assisting with dispatching to ensure expeditious delivery of product and providing after hours and weekend coverage
- Track report and follow up on truck incidents (loss of product, load contamination, roll overs, etc.)
- Research and analyze freight costs and classifications, delivery methods, and delivery schedules to minimize delivery costs. (Analysis of data, monitoring and reporting of asset utilization is essential in this role)
- Providing input to processes and procedures to support truck transportation initiatives.
- Providing input to annual truck budgets, performing analysis of results, measuring the overall cost, and stewarding to performance versus plan measures.
- Assisting in the implementation of Information Technology solutions as they relate to transportation and logistics.
- Supporting projects by providing analysis and undertaking assigned project roles related to area of expertise.
What you will bring:
- High level of accountability, ownership and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, analytical, financial and project management skills
- Ability to think strategically and to translate that into tactical action
- Solid communicator and team player, with good negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered a definite asset
- Experience with the US trucking industry (DOT regulations) an asset
- 2-3 logistics and/or supply chain experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter