Senior Manager, Corporate Procurement, Calgary, AB, or Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Procurement will oversee all aspects of procurement activities supporting Corporate departments in Nutrien’s head offices located in Saskatoon SK/ Calgary, AB/Loveland CO and Northbrook IL. This role will also oversee all procurement activities for Canadian and US terminals. Additionally, the Sr. Manager, Corporate Procurement will be responsible for the Nutrien Credit Card (P-Card and T&E Card program management and administration, as well as oversee Asset Recovery activities for North American manufacturing sites and terminal sites.
- Manage a team of procurement professionals
- Establish, monitor and measure department staff goals
- Manage and optimize corporate procurement staff portfolio’s
- Demonstrate proficiency in a large variety of corporate business areas (corporate departments)
- Support Nutrien internal customers (“end-users”)
- Facilitate and support the end users’ needs resulting from use of the center led strategic procurement process for negotiation contracts, including providing appropriate and timely input end user departments; and assisting in the development of RFx initiatives including the development of proper scopes of work, evaluating bids, negotiation preparation and execution, completing and implementing contracts for a wide variety of corporate departments
- Oversee the execution of theS2C and P2P processes to quickly and accurately to source required goods and services driven by end-user departments
- Execute RFx activities and contract development / negotiations for large or complex business requirements.
- Support and manage local supplier relationships
- Oversee the execution and participate in periodic performance, business, and financial reviews with suppliers, based on agreed upon KPIs utilizing the center led procurement quarterly business review (QBR) model. Ensure that KPI data is accurate and regularly updated. Ensure that suppliers are informed of their performance results and appropriate resolutions are identified and executed (when needed)
- Address inquiries from suppliers and engage appropriate stakeholders as required
- Credit Card Program
- Provide guidance and direction in the successful management and administration of Nutrien’s Credit Card (P-Card/ T&E Card) programs
- Asset Recovery
- Manage all aspects of Asset Recovery initiatives, including the management of Surplus properties across North America. Oversee and execution of Site closures, Environmental work, Demolitions / dismantlement’s, property sales, and equipment sales as identified and in conjunction with the applicable business units and affected departments. This will include the appropriate management of budgets and the development of AFE’s to execute these activities where applicable.
- Required Industry Experience
- Minimum ~10 years relevant industry experience in procurement related function
- Education Degree
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement (SCMP/CPSM), and Investment Recovery (CMIR) preferred
- Education Discipline
- Engineering or business - supply chain strongly preferred
- Relevant Skills/Experience
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Results-driven mindset, with developing capabilities in problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to work with a variety of internal customers and external suppliers with time sensitive demands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with comfort working cross-functionally to gather information and resolve conflicts
- Strong Team leadership skills capable of managing a team to meet defined objectives
- Very strong understanding of complex contract language across multiple areas (HR, IT, Finance, SHE, TD&L), with a strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve conflicts, address disputes, and negotiate agreements
- Required Competencies
- Clear and solid understanding of, and practical experience with, enterprise asset management (maintenance, procurement, inventory management), spend management (e.g., Analysis & Reports) and enterprise resource planning systems and tools (SAP/Oracle/Ariba)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
Human Relations Skills:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are critical to meet site objectives.
- Interpersonal skills – Sr. Manager, Corporate Procurement will serve as point of contact with corporate procurement customers across all levels within the organization
- Communicate procurement requirements and policies to internal customers of increasing seniority and responsibility without procurement expertise
- Manages difficult situations with suppliers and other stakeholders; initiates action to bring conflicting parties together
- Be a point of escalation both internally and externally to address and resolve issues, including negotiations and dispute resolution
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate business needs, deadlines, and process steps in direct and positive manner
- Able to direct others with a high degree of precision
- Confident and articulate; produces clear, accurate, and logically structured documentation tailored to the audience
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic Impact and Decisions
- Partner with subject matter experts to source suppliers for goods and services to achieve the best overall value.
- Oversee negotiations with suppliers across multiple disciplines and function areas
- Business / Operational Impact and Decisions
- Provide procurement leadership and support to the Corporate Procurement teams as required.
- Financial Impact and Decisions
- Support the Nutrien business strategy and culture.
- Capable of following standard work for supporting records management and processes specifically related to the procurement process and supplier monitoring with minimal support from manager
- Able to solve procurement process problems across areas of category responsibility requiring critical thinking beyond specified process guidelines
- Able to oversee the management of supplier relationships with a large variety of specialty providers
- Tools and processes will be in place to provide support:
- Nutrien Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Contract tools & templates
- Spend Analytics & Reports
- P-card process standard work and guidelines
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.