Project Manager, Allan, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position will report to the Capital Program Manager (or Chief Maintenance Engineer).
- Responsible for the successful execution of capital projects, which includes ensuring work is occuring safely, within budget, on schedule, and achieves business objectives.
- Follow Nutrien's Project Management policies, procedures and systems.
- Assess, manage, communicate and report on project status and risks.
- Creating project documents such as WBS, Cost Estimates, Risk Registers, Schedules and Execution Plans.
- Manage all required project documentation through the project life cycle.
- Interface with stakeholders and project teams for successful project development, execution and completion.
- Make recommendations and be involved with decision-making on technical aspects of projects.
- Assist with planning future year Capital budgets, project scope and cost estimations, and project evaluation and selections.
- Be a safety leader and foster a positive safety culture.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle a large and varied workload.
- Understand and application of Project Management principles and techniques in accordance with PMBOK.
- Ability to understand and manage work involving multiple disciplines.
- Ability to lead project groups and manage projects.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Professional speaking abilities (ie. speaking in public to groups, and via electronic media).
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical people.
- Proficiency with estimating project costs and forecasting cash flows.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive)
- Proficiency with Primavera scheduling software is an asset.
- Proficiency with Oracle Business Intelligence software is an asset.
- University degree or technical diploma.
- Must be eligible to pursue a PMP designation.
- PMP designation or significant experience in managing projects is an asset.
- Formal education or significant experience in effective communication is an asset.
- Ability to work Underground.
- Understanding of Canadian potash mining is an asset.
- Eliglble to work in Canada.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.