Reginal Financial Analyst, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager, the Regional Finance Analyst is responsible for providing monthly analysis, commentaries, and financial packages for Regional Management and the Finance department.
- Provides accurate, timely, and reliable financial reports to Regional, Divisional, Branch and Corporate management as assigned
- Provide financial and business analysis to support key strategic objectives
- Assist Regional, Divisional, and Branch managers in analyzing their business to improve operating and financial performance, with a stronger emphasis on seed analysis
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, strategic plans, quarterly presentations, forecasts, and monthly business narratives
- Participate in monthly financial close, working with business managers and operational accounting departments as necessary
- Assist in managing the year end reconciliation process, mainly seed replants, discounts and supplier settlements
- Work directly with Regional management and support to identify opportunities for increased profitability
- Contributes to the integration of legacy companies
- Contributes to the identification and analysis of Merger and Acquisition candidates
- Lead financial training sessions with Regional, Divisional and Branch staff
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in the industry and field of expertise
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
- Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while having the ability to embrace working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Retail is the core of everything we do and our candidate must be respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Familiarity with seed business and related accounting preferred
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Financial Analysis
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated analytical skills are required
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time is required
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran