HRSSC Administration Assistant – Tier 1 (Contract Role 10-12 months) - Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the HR Support Services Supervisor in the HR Shared Service Center (HRSSC) Loveland, CO the Administration Assistant will provide day to day data entry support ensuring timely update of information into our SAP system. This role will collaborate with both HR and personnel at our sites within our Canada and US locations and must be able to manage incoming emails and phone calls effectively. The HRSSC Administration Assistant will have high volumes and be required to meet tight timelines to ensure employees are paid correctly. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is important for this role. Other team or project related administration tasks may also be assigned.
- Provide high levels of accuracy and meet required deadlines to ensure our systems are reflecting accurate information each day.
- Achieve an understanding of HRSSC by engaging in training activities to develop their skill and knowledge of the areas supported by the team.
- Achieve a good understanding of company and HR policies and procedures to make administrative and procedural recommendations.
- Support the ongoing development and continuous improvement initiatives within the HR Shared Service Center by participating in activities that support this.
- Ensure that your work is managed effectively and efficiently through company systems and that you are adaptable and supportive of any new or changing technologies
- Safeguard employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive information.
- To ensure that health, safety, security and risk issues are considered and factored into all areas of activity. Regular reviews are undertaken and actions taken as necessary
- Act as first point of contact for the receipt of all shift substitution forms and any related emails or phone calls pertaining to that process.
- Maintain employee-related data where Employee Self Service provision is unavailable.
- Work with internal subject matter experts (SME’s) and other departments to resolve questions and processing issues.
- Maintain effective and accurate information received ensuring the SAP system is updated in a timely manner and daily.
- Manage and maintain employee files, electronic and physical hard copy formats.
- Support other HRSSC projects or HR colleagues as required.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to solve problems and understand who to connect with to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to manage high volumes of work with strong results and goal orientation.
- Good interpersonal, multi-tasking and communication skills; comfortable working with multiple functions.
- Solution-oriented with ability to collaborate and build good relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
- Willingness to continuously improve the performance of both one’s self and the HRSSC through continuous learning and self-development.
- Ability to be flexible in terms of working schedule, potential requirement to work overtime or weekends during peak activity periods.
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, deadline orientated team within an open plan corporate office environment
- High School Diploma, GED
- 1-2 years administrative experience
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond to client inquiries by telephone or email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- SAP HR Master Data Experience
- SharePoint knowledge
- Experience with Canadian or US HR data, business rules and legislative requirements
- Experience utilizing Case Resolution System
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran