Mechanical Engineer, Rocanville, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Chief Maintenance Engineer.
- Performs required regulatory compliance checks, key procedure audits, area inspections, job observations and actively participates in the 4 key safety priorities. Ensure that safe work habits are enforced and instruct safe methods of doing work.
- Assist in technical training programs and implementation of approved procedures to achieve an efficient, reliable, and safe operation.
- Respond to field calls from maintenance supervisors to perform quality assurance and quality control activities, root cause failure analysis, change orders for projects, and documentation updates including red-lining, field-fit, and as-build hand drawings to submit for drafting.
- Determine best short-term solution, and authorize any significant deviation from current OEM design installed assets by following Management of Change (MOC) process to document such deviations during a failed event for an asset and/or project execution. Submit information to determine long-term solution providing recommendations focusing on asset standardization.
- Provide expertise for troubleshooting mechanical systems deficiencies, and create/update troubleshooting procedures as required to meet operational requirements, this requires constant visitation to underground job sites.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement programs and initiatives for operational excellence, efficiency, effectiveness, safety, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Maintain drawing request log, underground drawing index, and drawing system for engineering department.
- Maintain current with technological developments through attendance at applicable technical seminars and training s
- Review advances in industry to evaluate possible new technology applications to improve operations at Nutrien Rocanville.
- Support the Structural Integrity program for the site.
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to lead & develop
- Coaching & Mentoring skills
- Previous experience in a potash mine setting are an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, or Industrial Systems Engineering
- E.I.T. or Professional Engineer designation
- Valid Supervisors’s Certificate is an assest
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. In order to ensure consideration for this role, candidates are encouraged to apply by December 21, 2018. However, this job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.