Director, Information Technology, Melbourne, Australia
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Landmark IT is part of the global Nutrien IT organization aligned to Nutrien’s Retail Business Unit which implements a global/regional/local model for the Retail Business Unit of Nutrien. The Director, Information Technology - Australia reports to the Nutrien VP for Information Technology – Retail and must maintain a very close relationship with counterparts in the Nutrien Global IT organization who also act as global heads.
Australia IT services have been outsourced to a Managed Service Provider. Transition to a new service provider has concluded. Services include infrastructure, network, information security, end user services, service desk and application services. Service and delivery improvement is a major focus for the Landmark Business.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide outstanding business-oriented technology services to Landmark businesses to support the achievement of clear commercial and client service goals. The role requires a hands-on approach in the strategy, development, and management of Landmark’s existing technology resources, services and assets to create and maintain optimal levels of internal customer service capability.
The scope covers the delivery of infrastructure services, application services, solution architecture and oversight of the Business Relationship Management and business analysis function. These functions will report directly to the IT Operations Director – Australia.
The Director, Information Technology contributes to the overall IT strategy and reports to the Nutrien VP for Information Technology – Retail.
There is a day-to-day accountability to the Managing Director of Landmark business. The expectation is this role will be part of the local country (AUS) leadership team.
The Director Information Technology will be expected to cover all aspects of the business. Landmark currently covers seven key activity areas, 350 locations across Australia. All aspects of this ‘matrix’ require commercial and operational IT support and solutions.
Running of day to day IT services through the management of the outsourced contract
- Prepare the run organization for the future operating model in line with global/regional/local principles
- Manage day to day operations for the Landmark region according to the operating model and operating processes defined by the local business requirements and IT operating model
- Govern and manage, with the regional Service Delivery Managers, the outsourced contract according to the established SLA’s and in accordance with the overall Vendor Management Office governing principles
- Ensure effective service introduction of projects and enhancements through the managed service provider
- Overall financial responsibility for and manage the IT operations budget as provided and developed with the global TBM function and the Nutrien VP for Information Technology – Retail
Provide analytics and reporting support to IT global management
- Collect and implement operational and financial analytics as required by the global governing model and according to the requirements set forth by the TBM function, in conjunction with Nutrien VP for Information Technology – Retail
- Provide risk mitigation analytics as required
Oversight of the Business Relationship Manager regional function
- Manage the Australia BRM and business analysts in accordance with the overall global and regional organization for the prioritization demands according to business expectations
- Ensure that business analysis work is performed in accordance with business needs
- Ensure proper relationship and communication with Landmark business units for the delivery of services and projects
Contribution to projects
- Ensure contribution to projects (business and IT sponsored) as required by allocating resources in the run organization and by working with the provider for the scheduling of application and service releases into production
- Steward the strategic vision of the team’s leaders and department with effectively interacting with senior leaders across the entire business
- Demonstrating leadership skills through coaching and developing the leaders within the team to higher levels.
- Steward the development of Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) and Performance Measures (“PMs”) for Product Stewardship.
- Monitor progress towards achievement of KPIs/PMs.
- Actively engage in all aspects of performance management including stewarding employee development.
- Inspire the team to be an engaged workforce and develop people to their greatest ability
CORE EXPECTATIONS & SKILLS:
- Delivery & results focused
- Strong relationship building capability
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven experience in contributing to overall technology strategy, managing customer service improvement, managing service providers in an outsourced context, building high performing service oriented teams, enabling change, driving operational and process efficiencies with the global organization, and building the confidence & trust of a large & diverse senior stakeholder group with regards to providing technology services
- Proven experience in reporting and management by outcomes
- Proven operational skills
- Decision making ability in a global/regional setting
- Ability to work across and facilitate activity across functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible & adaptable
- Balanced & pragmatic
- Responsive, energetic & change oriented
- People management and engagement skills
CORE TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE
While Nutrien IT context is that of a managed service with a service provider, we expect the IT operations direction to have knowledge in the following technology areas:
- End user services
- Application & Hardware strategy development
- Server & Desktop management
- Service Management, Change & Release management
- Storage Management, Security & Access Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Network & Communications Management
- Software Development & Software Package Integration
- Application Management & Maintenance
- 3rd party application services (through cloud solutions)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years in challenging and growing function in IT department
- Proven leadership experience, including management of multiple direct reports and influencing others
- Experience working in unstructured and ever-changing environments
- Operational familiarity of IT services (e.g., service desk, change management, configuration management, incident management)
- Experience working in a managed service environment
- Experience working in a global environment with a global/regional/local model
- Background in FMCG or retail an advantage
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.