Senior Advisor, Talent Management, Calgary, AB, Saskatoon, SK, or Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Management, this is a full-time salaried position which plays a key strategic role in transforming the culture of Nutrien through Talent Management. As part of Nutrien’s Organizational Effectiveness & Culture team, this role directly supports the objectives of Nutrien’s workforce strategy, with a focus on Strategic Talent Management (Succession Planning), Performance Management, Employee Engagement and Diversity and Inclusion. The primary responsibilities of the incumbent will focus on identifying, coaching and developing leaders as part of Nutrien’s Strategic Talent Management process, while supporting the implementation of Nutrien’s Performance Management process and system (Success Factors). This role will also support Nutrien’s employee engagement strategy, and partner with other team members to build a diverse and inclusive culture. This opportunity is a perfect fit for a passionate, strategic thinker, who believes in supporting cultural transformation by helping others realize their full potential.
- Partner with the business to ensure the successful execution of Nutrien’s Workforce Strategies, most specifically related to Strategic Talent Management (Succession Planning), Performance Management, Employee Engagement and Diversity & Inclusion
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to support the design and development of Nutrien’s Strategic Talent Management process
- Facilitate talent assessments and talent reviews as part of Nutrien’s Strategic Talent Management process
- Provide coaching and accelerated leadership development to support Nutrien leaders identified through the Strategic Talent Management process
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to successfully design and implement Nutrien’s global performance management process and system through Success Factors
- Provide training and ongoing support on Nutrien’s global performance management process and system
- Provide consultation and support to key organizational leaders on the development of customized employee engagement action plans
- Additional responsibilities may include supporting Nutrien’s workforce strategies related to:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Purpose-Driven Culture/Values
- Employee Experience
- Organization Assessments (engagement surveys, exit/stay/onboarding interviews)
- Mentorship and Career Development
- Change management and needs assessment
- Team dynamics and effectiveness
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- A passion for cultural transformation, and driven by purpose
- A proven track record partnering with business leaders to design and execute high impact organizational solutions in a large, complex organization
- A heart for people, and experience coaching and developing leaders to realize their full-potential
- Demonstrated ability to implement center-led strategies collaboratively and in partnership with the business
- A life-long learner, who is constantly reflecting on experiences and striving to improve
- An exceptional team member, who helps other succeed
- Innovative and agile learner; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to company challenges and/or create something entirely new
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead individuals and teams towards productive outcomes
- The ability to influence others through verbal and written communication
- Ability to work collaboratively and across geographies to build credibility and strong partnerships across the organization and with HR teams in particular
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Experienced and comfortable working in an environment of complexity, ambiguity and change
- The creativity to try innovative approaches to talent management practices and learn from failure
- Ability to travel in both Canada and the United States
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in Human Resources, with dedicated experience supporting talent management strategies
- An undergraduate degree, with a preference for a degree in Human Resources
- Experience working with Talent Management systems, with a preference for experience working with the Success Factors Talent Suite
- A professional Human Resources designation would be considered an asset
- An International Coaching Certification would be considered an asset
- International experience, with preference for the ability to speak languages other than English is an asset
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran