Purified Acid Rail Loading Operator, Aurora, NC
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Purified Acid Rail Loading Operator will report to the departmental Shift Supervisor.
- The Rail Loading Operator is responsible for work outcomes of the assigned area.
- The ability to handle conflict may be needed when dealing with product shipment concerns.
- Immediate action of the Rail Loading Operator may be required in order to prevent or avoid production losses, as well as, loss of life or environmental upsets while loading materials.
- Communicating instructions, relating, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources for the purpose of loading products and blend products is very important to the daily activities of the Rail Loading Operator.
- The importance of the information received and relayed could have an impact on the production and quality of the Rail loading operations. The information reviewed and received by the Rail Loading Operator is important to planning his daily activities.
- Information related to monitoring processes and surrounding areas is important when performing inspections on equipment, structures, or materials needed for loading truck and rail tankers.
- Procedures that have an impact on human safety such as, the Lock Out /Tag Out permitting, Confined Space permits, and scheduled maintenance repairs are coordinated and approved by the Rail Loading Operator.
- Evaluating information to determine compliance and standards is a key responsibility of the Rail Loading Operator and includes directing co-workers to follow Standard Operation Procedures, safety, and environmental procedures, work rules, instructions, and daily production activities.
- The Rail Loading Operator will spend approximately 85% of the time monitoring the equipment used for loading or transferring product to ensure that all loading procedures are followed while maintaining contact by using phones and radio systems; another 15% reviewing and monitoring truck/railcar loading operations; and approximately 40% of one’s time will be spent on activities related to following SOP’s to ensure proper loading processes are maintained. An additional 29% of time is spent on conducting inspections of the loading areas including components such as pumps, filters, lines, locomotive, and support equipment. Other activities include, but are not limited to; training employees in the safe and proper operational and situational procedures related to the loading, transferring, and shipping Purified Acid.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Must pass a pre-employment exam and drug screening
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) testing is required for all hourly applicants of Nutrien. Applicants must complete this test and meet a minimum of 5 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics and 4 on Workplace Documents in order to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien.
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) must be uploaded with your resume during your application to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
Due to potential immigration or relocation issues, recruitment for some vacancies may be restricted.We would like to thank all who apply, each application/resume will be reviewed; however only those candidates deemed qualified will be selected for an interview
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. In order to ensure consideration for this role, candidates are encouraged to apply by November 26, 2018. However, this job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran