Laboratory Operator I, Aurora, NC
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position is hourly with no direct reports and will report to the Technical Services Shift Supervisor.
- The Laboratory Operator I position is responsible for preparing all samples for laboratory analysis using accurate methods for mixing, blending, drying, and grinding. This is accomplished by working in a safe and environmental friendly manner.
- The Operator I ensures Laboratory goals are achieved during a 12-hour shift. These activities are essential to cost-effective operations and require a strict attention-to-detail mindset to meet its Food / Feed Safety (internal and external) customer requirements.
- The Operator I is a support position to the Operator A and requires superior cognitive skills as well as personal skills to manage Laboratory processes.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, overseeing and performing daily activities such as collecting samples from satellite laboratories and plants, maintaining inventories of retained samples, logging samples into the Laboratory Management System (LIMS), performing analyses for the following work stations: Rock, Solids, Fertilizer, and Phos Acid.
- The Operator I shall be compliant with the Food/Feed Management System at all times.
- Maintains accurate data files and reports of analytical results in order to ensure the quality of company products.
- Performs all assigned process control analyses following a routine sample schedule and enters results into LIMS. This includes using a variety of instrumentation and methods.
- Responds to requests for priority assays by logging samples and results into LIMS.
- Leads ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on food/animal food safety, quality assurance, and plant regulatory compliance.
- Monitors, supports and enforces all of Nutrien’s food safety processes and procedures. This includes FSMA compliance, FSSC22000, other certifications and customer specific standards as identified in supporting documentation.
- Produce analytical results for rock, solids, fertilizer, and Phos Acid stations to assist in quality control / quality assurance of company products and entering results into LIMS.
- Analyzes non-routine samples from customers, R&D, and special process projects.
- Performs minor maintenance on various instrumentation. This includes calibrating, troubleshooting, and changing out reagents.
- Monitors quality assurance in the lab and reanalyzes questionable assays. Performs statistical quality control charting (SQC).
- Follows safety and environmental procedures.
- Reports all control analyses when LIMS is down. Identifies off-grade or abnormal shipments and control analyses and reports to the shift supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete the Nation Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) and meet a minimum of 5 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics and 4 on Workplace Documents to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien.
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) must be uploaded with your resume during your application to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien.
- Must pass a pre-employment exam and drug screening.
Due to potential immigration or relocation issues, recruitment for some vacancies may be restricted. We would like to thank all who apply, each application/resume will be reviewed; however only those candidates deemed qualified will be selected for an interview
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran