Buyer (Temporary Position), Vanscoy, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reports directly to the Vanscoy Procurement Manager.
This is a temporary position for 14 months.
- Support site-level category strategy execution and cost management for operating and capital expenditures as applicable
- Fully utilize centrally developed Procurement Policy, aligned business processes and enabling systems, and the strategic procurement methodology and procedures
- Optimize purchasing within his/her area of responsibility for cost, delivery, and quality
- Demonstrate proficiency in category strategy
- Support Nutrien internal customers (“end users”) as the Procurement Business Partner
- Facilitate and support meeting the end users’ needs resulting from use of the center led strategic procurement process for sourcing and buying local goods and services as necessary, including providing appropriate and timely input to planning of day-to-day operating requirements and capital project needs; and assisting in RFx processes including developing proper scopes of work, evaluating bids, negotiation preparation and execution, completing and implementing local contracts
- Provide procurement specific support to local site-based end users to complete material requisitions correctly and completely
- Flawlessly execute the P2P process quickly and accurately to source required goods and services
- Reorder materials as needed based on specific requests within defined spend limits and at defined reorder points by using the procurement aligned business processes and supporting systems
- Support and manage local supplier relationships
- Lead periodic performance, business, and financial reviews with local suppliers, based on agreed upon KPIs utilizing the center led procurement quarterly business review (QBR) model. Ensure that KPI data is accurate and regularly updated. Ensure that suppliers are informed of their performance results and appropriate resolutions are identified and executed (when needed)
- Process invoices in a timely manner following Nutrien procurement policy and procedures
- Address inquiries from suppliers and engage appropriate stakeholders as required
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to local procurement and warehouse team members (eg. Buyers I and II), as well as across all Procurement site locations
- Meet individual and department goals & objectives targets identified by management
- Perform additional tasks as defined by the Site Lead
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Results-driven mindset, with developing capabilities in problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to work with a variety of internal customers and external suppliers with time sensitive demands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with comfort working cross-functionally to gather information and resolve conflicts
- Team leadership skills capable of managing a small team process to meet defined objectives
- Strong understanding of moderate to complex contract language, with a strong attention to detail
Required Industry Experience
- Minimum ~4-6 years relevant industry experience in procurement related function
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement (SCMP/CPSM), Inventory Management preferred
- Engineering or business - supply chain strongly preferred
- Clear and solid understanding of, and practical experience with, enterprise asset management (maintenance, procurement, inventory management), spend management (e.g., Analysis & Reports) and enterprise resource planning systems and tools (SAP/Oracle)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.