Analyst, People Metrics & HR Reporting (Contract Position), Loveland, CO, Calgary, AB, or Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Analyst, People Metrics & HR Reporting, will report to the HRSSC Process Excellence Manager. This position will be responsible for supporting Human Resource professionals and Managers with HR data reporting, and serve as a subject matter expert for employee related data including headcount, turnover, and other metrics as requested. Additional support will be provided with the functional and technical applications for how HR organizational data is maintained within SAP, Agrium’s HR system of record. Auditing the employee and job-related data entries will also be part of this role. This role ensures timely data reporting, as well as absolute data accuracy and integrity with employee and job-related information within our HR system, which impacts benefits, payroll, company organizational charts, and external publications. This position will interface with:
- HR Shared Service Center staff
- HR Business Partners/Advisors and HR Managers/Coordinators
- Global HR Contacts
- Total Rewards and Organizational Effectiveness Centers of Excellence
- Information Technology – Human Resources
- Leaders and other departments within the company, as necessary.
This is 1 year contract position / Maternity Leave Coverage
- Generate HR reports from SAP, utilizing Easy Reporter functionality, to support Company business needs (i.e., Various headcount requests, compensation reporting, year-end payroll reporting, as well as compliance related requests; DOT and non-DOT random drug pools, Annual Information Form, Code of Conduct, Diversity and Inclusion, EEO, Vets4212, AAP, etc.)
- Manage the collection of global HR data, or People Metrics, which will utilize PowerBI, for producing total headcount and HR activity data in easier-to-read end-user applications (i.e. Dashboards)
- Presentation of People Metrics related statistics to HR Leadership Team on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Gather and maintain informational needs across the HR business groups as it pertains to how the organization should be structured within SAP: Org Management
- Provide key functional SAP support on HR processes within the HR Shared Service Center, Total Rewards, Organizational Effectiveness, Information Technology – Human Resources, Payroll, HR Business Partners, and Talent Management
- Develop and maintain process documentation and training to support end-user needs for HR data management within SAP
- Train other HR personnel (internal and external to HR Shared Service Center) on SAP HR Master Data and Reporting applications as necessary
- Knowledgeable in all job-event HR transactions in SAP, such as Hires, Rehires, Position Changes, Pay Changes, Terminations and Retirements for weekly audits,
- Support HR projects as assigned (i.e., interface file builds, acquisitions, divestitures, annual compensation projects such as Total Rewards statements and Annual Incentives and Pay Increases)
- Champion the internal tools (Job Data Change tool, Employee and Manager Self-Service, Easy Reporter etc.) that align with Agrium’s strategy
- Identify process improvement for continuous efficiencies within HR reporting and data management.
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Business Administration
- 4 to 6 years of experience in HR data analysis and data management
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Possess strong customer service skills and strong relationship building aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond to client inquiries by phone and email
- SAP HR Master Data and OM experience
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power BI and Adobe
- Experience with Canadian and US HR data, business rules and legislative requirements
- Experience with Case Resolution Management and HR-specific service centers
- Strong experience in SAP Spinifex
- Demonstrated self-motivation, analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and exercise judgment on sensitive issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong results and goal orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable working with both internal and external stakeholders in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
- Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
- Strong willingness to continuously improve the performance of both one’s self and the HRSSC by continuing training, learning, recommending process improvements, etc.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran