Corporate Wellness Coordinator, Calgary, AB
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Culture, the Wellness Coordinator will be responsible for Wellness activities and programs for Nutrien’s 4 Corporate locations. This role will be required to develop and deliver a plan for Wellness that reflects the goals and objectives of Nutrien’s broader Occupational Health and Wellness plan while also strongly reflecting Nutrien’s purpose to Grow our World from the Ground Up. Healthy employees being a cornerstone of Nutrien’s achievement of purpose. This role will be located in the Calgary office.
- Ensure wellness programs are efficiently delivered in each of Nutrien’s 4 locations
- Plan for new and maintain existing Corporate programs and initiatives that support Nutrien’s Occupational Wellness strategy and support the organization commitment to purpose and our values of Safety, Integrity, Inclusion, Wellness, Performance and Innovation.
- Create a meaningful and positive Wellness community across Nutrien. Leverage Corporate Fitness facilities where those exist as in agreement with local fitness committees.
- Manage contract resources in delivery of services to ensure best service per cost
- Keep pulse on Corporate employee needs, interests and satisfaction with wellness programs via surveys and open communication.
- Maintain, enhance and/or adjust services to meet demand in a manner that still achieves organizational goals and supports culture.
- Report, track and analyze wellness program participation rates through various methods helping optimize employee engagement and program growth – SharePoint, Google Analytics, Banana Tag, and MindBody. Take action based on results.
- Maintain wellness and fitness schedule, records, and reports
- Steward towards the Health & Wellness Budget to build and maintain the programs and facilities of our Canadian and US Wellness Centres
- Create and develop all employee communications and templates for new health programs (articles, e-mail, newsletter, posters, bulletin boards etc.) to promote healthier living and participation in fitness and wellness programs
- Provide individual support and counselling in general wellness
- Maintain wellness equipment
- Organize and oversee health screenings, flu clinic, and health fair, mental well-being week, corporate challenge
- Support other Corporate initiatives as requested
- A passion for Health and Wellness and a vision for Nutrien’s Corporate wellness program
- A commitment to employee safety
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective plans in support of an overall strategy
- Ability to coordinate, leverage and inspire remote team members
- Post secondary education in a related field (recreation/physical education)
- 3-5 years of work experience in fitness/wellness industry
- Prior experience working with Corporate health and Wellness committees would be an asset
- Experience developing & delivering physical and mental Wellness programs in a Corporate environment desired
- Experience managing and leading contract resources
- Ability to produce and coordinate events
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.