Analyst, Business Systems, Nutrien Financial, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance-based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Nutrien Financial is a new business line for Nutrien and we are looking for an entrepreneurial Business Systems Analyst to help design, implement and advance our Credit and Loan systems and processes. Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, Nutrien Financial and while working with the Sr. Systems Analyst, this position will be responsible for gathering business requirements and designing processes that will support a quickly growing area of the enterprise. The position will be instrumental in standing up the supporting systems for Nutrien Financial and will liaise with other business teams (Accounting, Finance, Accounts Receivable, and Inventory) and IT members to ensure progress of our business systems priorities.
A successful person in this role will be excited by building something new in the agricultural market.
- Gain detailed understanding of the company’s retail credit structure in both North America and Australia. With that understanding, analyze business processes, elicit requirements, and identify process and Credit System improvements.
- Establish an understanding of the overall Nutrien Financial market strategy and perform business requirement analysis on in flight projects to ensure alignment with the strategy.
- Help define future state processes and write detailed requirements for the Credit and Loan portion of Nutrien project. These processes and requirements must improve the digital experience for Nutrien Financial customers.
- While eliciting Credit and Loan system requirements this role will ensure alignment with business and IT stakeholders.
- Identify acceptance criteria and define scenarios for User Acceptance Testing.
- Maintain subject matter expertise for Nutrien Financial systems and maintain knowledge on all new and upcoming technologies throughout the enterprise.
- With the support of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs): Identify the problem, analyze the current state, and determine solutions with specific objectives in mind. Objectives will include; reducing cost, minimizing complexity, integrating multiple systems, improving processes, and automating functions.
- Contribute to and own some requirements gathering for assigned project(s). This includes requirement elicitation, documenting, changes, and additions.
- Participate in the development of the system for Nutrien Financial and continuously improve the systems performance as the organization grows.
- Facilitation of small to large meetings with cross functional teams to determine business needs and elicit requirements
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge to design new systems and processes
- Change management techniques to increase likelihood of project utilization
- Taking ownership of tasks and shares frequently their ideas to establish alignment
- Ability to work various projects, while prioritizing to achieve the overall objectives
- Able to collaborate well with others to determine the best approach for the organization.
- Capable of taking a business problem and converting to business needs for a technical solution
- Experience assembling work teams that contain stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from many different departments to analyze a problem and formulate solutions
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience in business analysis or a related field
- Credit and Loan Systems experience is weighted heavily
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran