Senior Solution Architect, IT, Credit & Loans Management, Calgary, AB, Saskatoon, SK, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Sr Manager IT, Enterprise Applications, Nutrien Financial, the Sr. Solution Architect, IT, Credit & Loans Management, will work with business and IT teams to ensure system solutions are deployed and operate in a sustainable manner to enable future-growth. The Sr. Solution Architect, IT, Credit & Loans Management will gain an in-depth technical understanding of Nutrien Financial applications, related systems and how they enable business process.
The Sr. Solution Architect, IT, Credit & Loans Management will collaborate with other members from the Nutrien Financial IT team, the broader IT team, and business stakeholders to deliver solutions that add value for Nutrien.
- Develop deep technological familiarity of Nutrien’s financial, loan, credit management and related systems to enable effective and efficient system support of critical business processes
- Develop subject matter knowledge in related areas to ensure appropriate technologies are deployed correctly within the overall landscape
- Develop high level understanding of related environment(s) to ensure Nutrien Financial solutions fit appropriately to Nutrien’s overall technology landscapes
- Maintain the technical roadmap and future state vision for the Nutrien Financial technology landscape to ensure alignment to future growth business needs
- Assess gaps between current and target states, create recommendations, and execute plans to address
- Assess industry standards and trends for examples and incorporate them into solutions
- Develop and configure systems and integrations to ensure applications remain stable, optimal and secure
- Assist with managing the implementation of new technologies and system configurations including new SAP S/4 HANA modules as well as existing legacy ERPs and integrations
- Act as a Liaison between the Nutrien Financial IT applications team and Infrastructure, Security, Integration and Data teams to collaborate on system solution components
- Work with IT Solution Analysts to perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system and technology solutions
- Provide Leadership and hands on resolution of Nutrien’s Financial technical incidents and problems
- Hand on lead to support estimation, planning and execution of system maintenance and enhancement processes
- Lead Incident Management for the Nutrien Financial IT area
- Work with vendors, partners and project teams to facilitate definition of project scope, goals and IT technical deliverables for large system implementations and enhancements
- Oversee and review technical testing plans and outcomes to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Work self-directed and independently; may act as subject matter mentor to more junior IT members
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish strong relationships with business leaders, IT peers and key vendors.
- Ability to lead, influence and leverage relationships with business and IT to develop compelling system solutions to business problems.
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Willingness to learn, teach and share information with teammates, peers, management and help coach/lead junior team members
- Outcome and results driven with capabilities to meet critical project demands
- Able to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong Technical aptitude, with the ability to translate technology into simple business terms
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Embraces a passion for technology and modern digital trends and opportunities
- 6 - 8 years practical experience in application and ERP solution design/analysis in an enterprise environment.
- A professional degree in computer science, computer engineering or information systems preferred. A combination of education and technical experience may also be considered.
- Strong background in financial systems, ERP’s and complex technical landscapes considered an asset.
- Experience in systems analysis, technical solution design and system delivery across the ERP lifecycle
- Proven ability to document and facilitate detailed technical requirements and solutions for complex initiatives
- Experience working in a fast-paced project driven environment with familiarity of project management processes
- Proven capability to manage technical requirements and communications across multiple teams and business units.
- Strong preference given to those with experience in complex SAP ECC and SAP S/4 HANA centric landscapes and large complex ERP implementations
- Experience working with multi-ERP environments and complex technical landscape is considered an asset.
- Direct experience with supporting SAP FIN-SCM or SAP FS-CML modules as well as loan and credit management systems considered an asset
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran