Senior Manager, IT, Nutrien Financial, Calgary, AB, Saskatoon, SK, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Director, IT, Enterprise Applications, Finance, the Sr. Manager, IT, Nutrien Financial, will oversee the technologies and systems that enable the Nutrien Financial business areas (Credit and Loans Management). The Sr. Manager, IT, Nutrien Financial will lead a team of IT solution analysts and architects specifically created to implement, sustain and grow the set of high quality applications that support the Nutrien Financial business processes, roadmap and long-term strategy.
The Sr. Manager, IT, Nutrien Financial will work closely with other senior leaders within the broader IT team, and partner with senior Nutrien Financial business stakeholders to deliver solutions that add value for Nutrien.
- Lead a high performing team of solution analysts and architects responsible for implementing, deploying and sustaining technologies and systems to the support the Nutrien Financial business function
- Work with senior business leaders to facilitate the Nutrien Financial business strategy with technology by developing a deep understanding of strategy, process and business needs
- Ensure systems processes related to the credit and loans management functions are enhanced and maintained in accordance with the Nutrien Financial teams' vision
- Oversee the development of business cases, technology roadmaps, strategy and budgets to ensure alignment with Nutrien Financial goals
- Plan and manage complex programs, projects and initiatives to sustain existing systems and implement new ERPs and modern technology solutions
- Deliver innovative ideas for technology improvements through the “Art of the Possible”
- Oversee vendors, system integrators and software contracting activities
- Ensure all IT SOX and general compliance and controls are adhered to for all Nutrien Financial systems
- Ensure Nutrien Financial technology assets are secured with appropriate cyber security measures
- Ensure proper sustainment and integrity of all Nutrien Financial technology assets through regular system upgrades and appropriate testing and quality assurance practices
- Communicate results and business impacts of technology initiatives to business stakeholders
- Recruit, train, develop, mentor and lead analyst-level employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and proven ability to establish strong relationships with finance business leaders, IT leaders and vendors
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong presentation skills with experience presenting to and fielding questions from senior leaders
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including vice-presidents and executives
- Ability to lead, influence and leverage relationships with business and IT to develop compelling system solutions to business problems.
- Knowledgeable and can produce results in all aspects of vendor and staff management
- Strategic and flexible thinker implementing timely and workable solutions in a post-merger, developing and dynamic environment
- Proven leader that can build and sustain a high performing team
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- High energy, outcome and results driven while able to manage tight deadlines, competing priorities and multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Project and program management experience
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Willingness to learn, teach and share information with teammates, peers, management and help coach/lead junior team members
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Minimum 10+ years practical experience in information technology roles in an enterprise environment, with progressively more responsible roles.
- 5+ years in a senior lead role either directly or indirectly leading a team of professionals
- 5+ years’ experience in planning and executing large complex projects/initiatives
- Proven track-record of independent learning and development
- Experience within transformational programs and initiatives
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience (degree related to computer science, finance or business preferred).
- Knowledge of Financial systems, with preference given to candidates whom have experience with credit and loans management systems
- Experience working with large integrated ERP applications, with preference given to experience in SAP ECC & SAP S4 Hana
- Background with SAP S/4 HANA SAP FIN-SCM & SAP S/4 HANA SAP FS CML would be considered an asset
- Experience with financial, ERP or enterprise systems
- Experience managing AMS Service providers would be considered an asset.
- Experience managing and working with large vendors and system integrators considered an asset
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran