Advisor, Leadership Training, Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Leadership Training this position is responsible for the management of Leadership Training within Nutrien’s Wholesale and Corporate business units. This position will focus on improving capability at all levels, deepening our bench strength and ensuring a consistent employee experience across the business. In partnership with key stakeholders, this position will assist the Sr. Manager in developing the learning strategy for the business that aligns with business objectives and the larger Nutrien learning strategy. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and executing on the tactics necessary to achieve the strategic goals.
This position will work closely with manufacturing/mining site technical trainers throughout North America as well as external resources as necessary.
- Partner with the site GM/Managers, Senior Leaders (within the corporate functions), site technical trainers as well as the HR/OE organization to analyze the effectiveness of current training and development initiatives and determine where gaps and opportunities exist to address high priority needs.
- Plan, design and deliver training programs to meet identified needs and evaluate the impact of programs offered.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to determine training needs and work quickly to identify, build and implement training solutions.
- Deliver training in classroom, online, and on-the job. Provide flexibility in facilitation style for various types of delivery channels and effectively engage training participants from junior to senior levels.
- Leverage and coordinate all delivery/facilitation resources necessary. May include site trainers, subject matter experts, external consultants and/or other Nutrien L&D resources.
- Coordinate and liaise with site based technical training staff to ensure consistency and alignment to business need.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics.
- Assist with the maintenance and utilization of talent management system including online course development, deployment and registration, report generation and utilization of analytical tools.
- Communicate program updates and information to key stakeholders.
- Manage training and development budget and make recommendations for future budgetary needs.
- Proven facilitation experience, at all leadership levels, in the areas of leadership development, change management and organizational culture.
- Ability to establish credibility as an internal training and development thought leader.
- Superior collaboration skills including the ability to advise, integrate and act upon the unique requirements of stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience building and managing relationships with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- An effective strategic business partner with an ability to consult through to delivering on just in time training requirements.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple initiatives.
- Creativity and experience bringing new programs and ideas to fruition.
- Technology focused and utilizing technology in all aspects of training.
- Has a working knowledge of training products and services, e.g., adult learning skills, curriculum development, instructional design, delivery and evaluation.
- Is aware of industry suppliers/resources - training and development consultants, instructional designers, project managers, and trainers/faculty.
- Exceptional critical thinking to help identify educational gaps, analyze findings and make recommendations while articulating next steps.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts by resource allocation.
- Proven track record of collaborating with Business Unit/functional leaders to align training initiatives with business need.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel throughout North America.
Education and/or Experience
- Post-secondary education with a concentration on either training/professional development and/or organizational development.
- 5+ years of related training and development experience; or training/adult learning experience in an agricultural, sales or manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of driving visibility and accountability for training within an organization.
- Experience in creating T3 (Train the Trainer) programs and/or delivery models is preferred.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.