Mill Control Room Supervisor, Allan, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position reports directly to the Mill Shift Supervisor. The Mill Control Room Supervisor is responsible for continuous, efficient and safe operation of the plant process within specified limits using the control panel computer and coordinating plant operators to monitor and adjust process variables in an efficient manner.
- Manages and supervises the safe operation of the refinery using a distributed control system (DCS) (Delta V) via communication and coordination with a team of field operators, under the overall direction of the Shift Supervisor, to obtain the required production at the required grade and recovery.
- When not at control panel, is directly responsible for the supervision of the railcar loading crews; And also assisting shift supervisor with supervision of mill operations crew in the field.
- Maintain communications with underground in making joint decisions on optimizing site production.
- Schedules work and assigns personnel to meet production demands together with their Mill Shift Supervisor.
- Participate in management meetings and provide input for planning, scheduling, and priority setting.
- Accumulate a thorough knowledge of all equipment, operating procedures and company policies affecting the operation of the refinery.
- Maintain good personnel relations and crew morale by keeping his or her crew informed of what is going on and by taking an appropriate personal interest in them and attending promptly to any problems and complaints. Encourage participation by employees in problem solving.
- Assist the Mill Shift Supervisor for training mobile equipment operators and weighmasters for their loading crews, with assistance from site training resources as needed.
- Assume the duties of the Mill Shift Supervisor, as well as Loadout Utility Supervisor in his or her absence, as required.
- Assume other duties as directed by the Mill Shift Supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively for receiving input, listening to suggestions/inputs, engaging and building consensus amongst operators and with maintenance and engineering groups, in order to generate optimum results.
- Skill set to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a complex environment at the control panel and maintaining focus of individuals and team members.
- Good working knowledge of the operational processes and maintenance aspects of a conventional potash mill and loadout operations, would be a definite asset.
- Supervision experience would be an asset.
- Completion of grade 12 required, with any additional post-secondary education to be considered.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. In order to ensure consideration for this role, candidates are encouraged to apply by October 25, 2018. However, this job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.