Operations Supervisor, Kennewick, WA
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Operations Superintendent, the Operations Supervisor will be responsible for managing shift personnel in the optimization of plant operations. Lead and enforce safe work practices in all operating and plant activities by following Life Critical Programs and Tenets of Operations.
- Knowledgeable of all plant Safety rules and regulations and supervises strict adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing safety leadership and engaging operators in our safety programs and processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the personal safety, process safety, environmental compliance and production performance for your crew.
- Responsible for key Safety, Health & Environmental (SH&E) programs related to the Operations department and across other departments.
- Able to communicate in an open and honest fashion, treating others with respect and integrity.
- Supervise the activities of 10 operations personnel as well as being the responsible person for routine maintenance of equipment in the process areas.
- Recommends equipment changes and revisions to production methods for the reduction of cost, improvement of quality or control of loss.
- Actively reviews plant quality performance and exercises direct control over those personnel engaged in manufacturing to achieve and maintain product quality.
- Plan work in advance, measure performance and maintain records
- Conduct safety training with SH&E, on the job training and train new employees
- Supervise employees to prevent unsafe acts and unsafe operation conditions. Skilled in the use of Operational Risk Management and Safe plan of actions processes.
- Ensure compliance of operational documentation and records: Operations logbook, Production Loss reporting, shift orders, daily production report, Incident and Near Miss reporting and classification, work orders, safety, housekeeping and equipment care checklists, etc.
- Operate a shift in a manner as to comply with Plant, Local, State and Federal rules and regulations )
- Preferred to possess a four-year college degree of applied or applicable sciences.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Supervisor in a production facility preferred.
- Able to communicate with direct reports, peers and superiors
- Computer skills: Must have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new operating systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Mechanically minded
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran