Senior Legal Contracts Analyst , Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position will be part of an outstanding legal team supporting the Retail division of Nutrien located in Loveland, Colorado and will report to Legal Counsel. As the Senior Legal Contracts Analyst with direct responsibility for the management of the Retail division’s contracts and property functions, this position will be the primary point of contact for all such matters and will handle complex issues regarding such matters, including negotiating and drafting contracts. This position requires travel.
- Act as the primary contact for the Contracts and Property Departments within the Legal Department
- Draft and administer agreements related to real property matters and contracts of various types for a variety of internal business clients with minimal supervision
- “First chair” negotiations of complex contracts directly with attorneys and counterparties
- Assess contractual and commercial risk and effectively communicate these exposures to internal business clients, including executives and company decision makers
- Develop and maintain contract templates, playbooks, best practices, and training initiatives
- Collaborate with supporting legal department team members, including managing and delegation of workflows and identifying training opportunities
- Ensure contracts and real property matters are completed in accordance with company policies, including limits of authority policies, legal requirements and client specifications and timing
- Work with various stakeholders to resolve issues, secure approvals, and ensure successful contract execution
- Work collaboratively with other departments to develop company policies or make modifications and updates to current policies
- Manage and “own” contracts management database, including maintenance, updates and access of and to same by internal and external stakeholders
- Track and approve external legal expenditures
- Perform trainings for the business on legal compliance requirements
- Ownership of a variety of high-visibility projects for the Legal Department
- Assist legal counsel, as needed
- Ownership mindset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- A strong customer service focus for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and management skills with the ability to build rapport and work successfully with others
- Ability to handle confidential information sensitively and discreetly
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Enjoys fast-paced environment and continual learning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job-related experience
- 5-8 years of experience in legal environment, preferably with a large global company or law firm, as a corporate paralegal or contracts manager
- Paralegal certificate would be considered a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of contract management and negotiation principles
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts with minimal supervision
- High proficiency in reading comprehension of legal terms and conditions
- Strong legal writing, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced MS Word and Adobe Pro skills, including experience with edit tracking software (such as, Workshare Compare)
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran