Senior Digital Architect, Saskatoon, SK, Calgary, AB or Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Growth is a top priority for Nutrien and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our business. Nutrien’s Information Technology (IT) team is transforming how we deliver technology to the company; a leading global manufacturer of crop nutrients and retailer of agricultural inputs. We are on a journey to achieve IT excellence and we invite you to be a part of our new IT organization.
Bring your competitive spirit, your love of innovation, and your desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in our digital workforce. Now is the time to become a part of an exciting company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the way IT enables Nutrien to Grow our World from the Ground Up.
The Sr. Digital Architect provides architectural guidance and is responsible for road mapping, recommending, and designing application technology landscape to meet business requirements and business growth. In addition, the Sr. Digital Architect independently builds Hypothesis for complex business problems. Hypothesis includes technical solution, scope, estimate of costs and schedule. The Sr. Digital Architect works directly with the respective IT Business towers to identify the architecture requirements, evaluate new technologies and provide solution options for business initiatives.
This role will report to the Sr Mgr, IT, Enterprise Architecture which provides an enterprise wide context and insights to support Architecture development and governance.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key leaders across the organization. Initiates and maintains consistent and open dialog with the IT leadership, establishes and promotes the overall vision for how IT can support the business.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with IT leadership to identify technology opportunity and to drive identification of solution options
- Is a Trusted Advisor for identifying and evaluating new and emerging technologies
- Strategic Planning:
- Understands the direction for IT enterprise architecture and how it pertains to achieving business outcomes.
- Supports a business direction-driven portfolio management process to ensure IT application portfolio is aligned with company objectives.
- Provides input to IT leadership on both short-term and long-term portfolio planning to enable the achievement of Nutrien’s business strategy
- Provides guidance to management on approaches to new and emerging technologies
- Responsible for developing digital portfolio governance to ensure the portfolio is properly aligned with Nutrien’s business strategy.
- Identifies application lifecycle risks and facilitates risk mitigation as required
- Relationship Management:
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with IT leadership, application owners and business users that enable the overall success of the relationship.
- Delivers effective communications to IT, including technology recommendations, vendor solution analysis
- Takes ownership of delivery of business and technical solutions independently, or with other delivery teams
- Works with various stakeholders to resolve technology-related business issues
- Efficient with creative solutioning and communication to influence others or facilitate resolution of a problem / issue. Uses negotiation skills when appropriate.
- Provides technical/process expertise and guidance to work towards common goal. Brings appropriate individuals together to accomplish objectives; facilitates access to critical competencies; knows whom to call, whom to involve.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with key stake holders representing a broad range of functions and levels; uses informal networks to get things done; builds strong external networks with people in the industry or profession.
- Actively attends to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others; listens well in a group. Creates an environment encouraging the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Proactively shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
- Applies self-management techniques to include: acting with integrity, demonstrating adaptability, setting personal development goals, and working efficiently.
- Able to communicate at various levels from senior business stakeholders to technical subject matter experts in designing and developing technical solutions to business needs.
- Provides creative thinking and supports the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies – enabling IT to stay ahead of disruptive technological change
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or other relevant field.
- 8 or more years of experience in Information Technology, supporting or implementing applications.
- Exposure to formal enterprise architecture environments a plus but not required
- Previous experience at leading a group of IT professionals and influencing others.
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders/vendors at senior levels of the organization.
- High energy – service oriented person with highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with multi-national teams.
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills, effectively communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran