Payroll Tax Analyst, Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Tax Analyst monitor, manage and reconcile payroll taxes at the employer and employee level. Includes reconciliation to the general ledger as well as reporting, payments and ensuring compliance.
The Payroll Tax Analyst will liaise with other departments including HR, Finance, HRSSC and employees as it relates to the payroll function.
- Responsible for accurate tax payment for all payroll activities which requires a thorough understanding of all compliance regulations for all federal and provincial tax agencies
- Required to research and resolve payroll tax notices in a timely manner
- Responsible for completing year end filings, and amended filings as per advised schedule
- Participate in peer review of deliverables
- Ability to identify and resolve escalations or complex issues with strong emphasis on associated patterns, trends and root cause analysis.
- Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and book journal entries.
- Communicates effectively with client and internal partners regarding ongoing operations and problem solving with analysis/resolution of tax related issues
- Supports formal internal and external audits, and understands legislated requirements pertaining to such.
- Supports and provides investigation on regulatory and compliance issues
- Requires strong documentation skills as SOPs must be maintained regularly.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural recommendations and exercise judgment on sensitive issues in alignment with corporate policy/regulation.
- Collaborate with other functional departments for process reviews and optimization.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, such as process documentation, identifying opportunities for improvement, and participating in problem solving.
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- Demonstrated self-motivation, analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong results and goal orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable working with both internal and external stakeholders in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
- Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
Required Professional Qualifications and Education
- 3-5 years’ experience with payroll tax filings and compliance issues of payroll in a large complex organization or a variety of payroll environments (3,000+ employees)
- Canadian Payroll Association PCP certification and active membership with the Association is required.
- Experience reconciling and preparing T4 forms, WCB and other provincial tax reporting.
- Proficiency or Previous working experience with SAP payroll systems is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of payroll practices, methodologies and procedures required
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Excel is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills. Excellent communication skills. Strong customer-service orientation
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.