Senior HR Business Advisor, Calgary, AB (12-month Temporary role)
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Manager & HR Business Partner, this 12-month temporary position as the HR Business Advisor is responsible for providing HR advisory support and problem-solving solutions to business leaders within the Corporate business functions. This position collaborates as a business advisor with leaders within the assigned client groups to contribute to business direction and strategy through the effective deployment of HR initiatives. With the recent creation of Nutrien through the merger of Agrium and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, this role will be instrumental in working with the business to coordinate and support organizational transformation by facilitating the rollout of Nutrien HR programs and practices to support Nutrien’s business strategy.
- In partnership with the Senior Manager & HRBP and the Corporate HR Team, assist in the implementation of company and business unit HR strategies, programs and processes (e.g. on-going salary administration and annual compensation cycle, benefit programs, performance management, new employee on-boarding and off-boarding activities for departing employees);
- Provide support and training to managers in the interpretation and use of HR policies, processes and programs;
- Support the Corporate HR Team, recruiters and business leaders in analyzing compensation and making recommendations;
- Support transformational change and organizational design needs within Corporate Function client groups;
- Administer the disability management process while partnering with the Senior Manager & HRBPs, the Corporate HR Team, business leaders and our third-party administrator;
- Analyze results of exit interviews, recruitment feedback and employee surveys to identify people issues and trends and participate in their resolution;
- Support the identification of client learning and development needs by partnering with the Senior Manager & HRBP, the Corporate HR Team, and the appropriate COE in the development of plans/programs and implementation within the client groups;
- Assist in resolving moderately complex employee relations matters;
- Support and lead various HR projects as needed;
- Working with the Centers of Excellence (HR Shared Service Centre, Total Rewards, Global Organization Effectiveness, Internal Legal Counsel, Learning and Development, Talent Attraction & Sourcing, Diversity and Inclusion) to ensure the completeness and accuracy of employment documentation to support the effective delivery of HR services and to implement on HR strategies, programs and processes.
- Strong compensation experience demonstrated through a successful track record of analyzing compensation issues and making recommendations;
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Highly proficient in excel and word;
- Professional demeanor combined with a strong business awareness, customer orientation and a focus on relationships;
- Functional HR skills with an emphasis on the transactional yet the ability to stay focused on the bigger picture;
- Demonstrated ability to influence with strong communication and advisory skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as results/goal orientation;
- Ability to make procedural and moderately complex decisions, and exercise good judgment on sensitive/confidential issues;
- SAP experience an asset.
- Minimum of 6 years of HR generalist experience;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and working experience), preferably with a Human Resources focus.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran