Senior Data Architect, Data Services, Calgary, AB or Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
As a recently merged organization, these are exciting times for Nutrien; full of opportunities to look at things with fresh eyes for a new organization that has high expectations for its data landscape. We’re looking for a Senior Data Architect, Data Services to join our team. In this role you’ll be reporting directly to the Director Business Intelligence & Reporting, working closely with the extended data service team , domain subject matter experts, and external experts. You will be responsible for delivering innovative data-centric solutions to complex and ambitious problems.
- Build out a modern platform for capturing and leveraging a variety of structured and unstructured data through advanced analytic techniques like machine learning
- Assess gaps between current and target states and recommend and execute plans to address
- Translates business needs (known and anticipated) into long-term solutions
- Assess industry standards and trends for examples, and where appropriate, incorporates them into our solutions
- Contribute to complex technical solutions, coordinating with all necessary subject matter experts and other system integrators
- Understand, advocate, and support enterprise data strategies
- Mentor others on the team
- Participate as technical lead on major projects and solution rollouts
- Problem Solving: You don’t stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it. You love working with other people, presenting your viewpoint but ultimately working towards the best, most sustainable solution
- Technical: You love technology and seeing it applied to solve real problems. In particular, you have a passion for technologies that drive data-driven decisions: machine learning, AI, R, and Python and you are familiar with modern data management and integration technologies.
- Communication: You are a strong communicator, whether it is written, verbal, or presenting ideas. You also enjoy collaborating with people on different teams and continue to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration. You possess tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to help build enterprise alignment on optimal data management practices at Nutrien
- Post-secondary degree education at university level at a minimum; A Masters in Data Science, Technology Management, or similar Master’s degree desired
- 7+ years of combined experience delivering in solutions and hands-on data roles in a large-scale, heterogeneous IT environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to translate requirements into innovative solutions.
- Technical experience in multiple technology domains, and understanding of how that technology is used across multiple business functions, in multiple industries, to deliver business value.
- Prior work experience designing and operating Big Data Analytics solutions in AWS or other cloud data platform(s)
- Ability to identify implicit requirements of an overall solution ecosystem including support, monitoring, maintenance, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in emerging data technologies
- Working knowledge or experience in the following technical domains is considered an asset:
- Application Integration (SOAP/ XML, REST/JSON, Micro-services/Streaming Data)
- Web and Mobile Applications Architecture (.Net, SharePoint and Java), SAP Solution Architecture (CRM, ECC, SAP BW, SAP BOBJ-BI, SAP BOBJ-DS, SAP PI/PO, SAP HANA etc.)
- Utility “Operations Technology” (Systems such as: Honeywell PHD, Osisoft PI, etc.)
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.