PSM Engineer, Geismar, LA
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reports to Superintendent of Process Engineering and PSM, who reports to the site General Manager.
- Is responsible for the plant site PSM program and complinance.
- Coordinates with corporate PSM group to ensure adherence to all regulatory and company PSM policies
- Works with Production, Mechanical Integrity, I&E, Process, and others to ensure plant compliance with OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management
- Ensures accurate record keeping and reporting for PSM leading and lagging indicators
- Coordinates and provides support in incident investigations, Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Conducts PHAs and Pre Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs)
- Manages tracking and maintaining management of change (MOC) forms and documentation
- Participates in and/or Leads PSM audits
- Conducts safety audits
- Manages record keeping and reporting of action items from PHAs, Incident investigations, and other actions; completes action items as necessary
- Assist in compliance with RAGAGEP (recognized and generally accepted good engineering practice)
- Ensures alignment between corporate and site PSM guidance, policies, and procedures
- Participates in the establishment of PSM program strategies for continual improvement
- Stays abreast of new and pending PSM regulations and innovative technologies that would aid in improving the PSM process
- Participates in local community activities and programs affecting PSM, in professional organizations, and in civic and governmental groups as a Nutrien representative
- Performs engineering calculations and studies as required in areas including safety, environmental, and process
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Two or more years of experience in a PSM covered manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of chemical process piping, tanks, and pressure vessels
- Knowledge/Experience in PSM compliance a plus
- Strong commitment to safety
- Critical Thinking
- Results oriented
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Comfort in a manufacturing environment
- Technology and writing
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran