Senior Advisor, Organizational Effectiveness, Saskatoon, SK, Loveland, CO, or Calgary, AB
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, OE Program Delivery in Calgary, this is a full-time regular position which plays a key role in connecting people to strategy. This role is responsible for working within the HR service delivery model to execute the OE programs and frameworks that support Nutrien’s Workforce Strategy objectives. Within Nutrien’s HR “Freedom within a Framework” paradigm, this role is responsible for applying the freedom to the overall OE frameworks.
- Work in partnership with the global OE team to ensure Organizational Effectiveness programs developed meet business needs and can be implemented and sustained successfully within the business units and are suitable to the culture of each business unit (BU) and geography involved
- Work in collaboration with BU HR to execute entity wide Organizational Effectiveness programs and change initiatives that are aligned with the strategic business objectives and Purpose-Driven culture
- Ensure OE Program Development is informed of BU needs and presents recommendations/solutions that balance OE needs with overall Corporate requirements for program results
- Measure and report effectiveness of all OE programs in each BU and geography
- Consult on business effectiveness projects, as required
- Act as a change agent and utilizes change management methodologies in all initiatives
- Provide OE implementation expertise in areas such as:
- Purpose-Driven Culture/Values
- Talent & Performance Management Systems
- Employee Experience
- Organization Assessments (engagement surveys, exit/stay/onboarding interviews)
- Succession & workforce planning
- Mentorship and Career Development
- Change management and needs assessment
- Team dynamics and effectiveness
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- Demonstrated ability to implement effective global OE solutions collaboratively and practically in the field. Understand the must have elements of each program and where flexibility can be applied
- Exceptional track record of consulting, implementing and measuring OE/HR programs and initiatives in a matrix organization
- A proven track record partnering with business leaders to design and execute high impact organizational solutions in a large, complex organization
- Strategic problem-solver, with the ability to think “out of the box” and come up with win/win scenarios in every case
- Innovative and agile learner; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to company challenges and/or create something entirely new
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead teams towards productive outcomes
- Expert in performing organizational diagnostic work and needs assessments
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and across geographies to build credibility and strong partnerships across the organization and with HR teams in particular
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Experienced and comfortable working in an environment of complexity, ambiguity and change
- Ability to travel in both Canada and the United States and work flexible hours to support the business
Required Professional Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with OE/HR experience or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive HR/OE experience, implementing practical effective enterprise-wide programs within a major, complex business
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing others in implementing people programs that support the business strategy and culture
- Experience successfully leading projects from concept through design, communication and systems implementation
- Experience with HRIS and Talent Management systems and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- International experience, with preference for the ability to speak languages other than English is an asset
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.