Instrument and Electrical Maint/Reliability Engineer, Geismar, LA
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reports to the I&E Superintendent, who reports to the Maintenance Manager, who reports to the General Manager.
- Develop and maintain the site electrical distribution system
- Design of electrical power equipment.
- Conduct failure analyses on affected power distribution equipment.
- Calculate current carrying conductor, fuse, and breaker sizing for required load power usages.
- Supervise the installation, testing, and commissioning of electrical power equipment.
- Develop electrical power system schematics, relay settings, and controls.
- Gather and interpret power relay event reports in order to ascertain the initiating event of related equipment failures.
- Conducts project engineering responsibilities such as design and specification for the site Engineering Group.
- Involvement in reliability/PSM/Mechanical Integrity leadership
- This team focuses primarily on instrument and electrical equipment criticality, reliability centered maintenance implementation, and predictive maintenance program management.
- Develop and implement site preventative maintenance procedures for electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Maintain SRS specifications, SIL ratings, and other PSM critical process safety information associated with plant instrumentation or electrical infrastructure.
- Represent the site on the Electrical and/or SIS Site Stakeholder Teams
- Develop and maintain site instrument and control systems
- Provides technical assistance to the I&E Technicians on certain specialized applications and equipment when necessary. (e.g. diagnosing variable frequency drive issues).
- Specifies instrumentation and control schemes for maintenance and capital project initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and planning skills, facilitation skills, computer and network skills.
- Strong, persistent, and safety oriented work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to direct others.
- Comfortable with interpersonal interactions with subordinates and management.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited university in Electrical discipline; P. E. License is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in electrical and instrumentation chemical plant experience
- Strong Process Safety knowledge.
- Possess detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers.
- Demonstrated capability to lead large electrical and instrumentation infrastructure projects > $1 mm.
- Experience with plant design and project engineering, or utilities a plus.
- Mastery of the theory of operations of major equipment and a working knowledge of high voltage and medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Knowledge of a variety of test equipment and methods employed for testing and troubleshooting electrical equipment.
- Flexible, analytical and detailed oriented.
- Willingness to work extended hours, particularly during scheduled outages
- Willingness to participate on corporate teams and assist other locations (some travel required)
- Willingness to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and willingness to participate in weekend and holiday coverage
- Willingness to travel for factory acceptance tests, witness equipment repairs, and project support, if required. Travel time is not expected to exceed 10%.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. In order to ensure consideration for this role, candidates are encouraged to apply by INSERT DATE. However, this job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran