Senior Manager, Retail, Finance Insights and Analytics, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Vice President, Retail, Finance, the Senior Manager, Retail, Finance Insights and Analytics will lead advanced analytics support for the finance area. This position will work closely with leaders to support and implement high-quality data-driven decisions for Nutrien Ag Solutions, the Retail Strategic Business Unit of Nutrien.
The Senior Manager, Retail, Finance Insights and Analytics individual will lead a team of 3 employees specifically created to deliver value to our budget. This position will be responsible for creating new reporting tools, analyzing large amounts of data, creating new processes and influencing others. The person will leverage the team to use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques to interpret key findings from company financial data and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
This position will be a key member in the Retail Finance organization and will be located in Loveland, Colorado.
- Lead a team responsible for designing, developing and delivering analytic solutions;
- Interpret data and developing actionable recommendations for business leaders
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key strategic business decisions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Financial, Planning and Analysis and other key stakeholder groups that are using financial data to improve results and enhance prediction accuracy.
- Manage complex projects related to a wide variety of financial, utilization, and operational business needs.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Recruit, train, develop and lead analyst-level employees.
- Oversee the data/report requests process; tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders
- Ensure accuracy of data and deliverables of team with comprehensive policies and processes.
- Collaborate with other data teams, including IT, digital and marketing.
- Prior experience or knowledge of agriculture, crop inputs and retail distribution is highly preferred
- Experience using business analytics to problem solve data-driven questions
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to make informed decisions
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets and then using it to draw conclusions
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Experience conducting data analyses using basic and advanced skills in statistics and database management
- Experience coaching and mentoring a diverse group of colleagues both on your immediate team and in other departments
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including vice-presidents and executives.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with experience presenting to and fielding questions from executives
- Extensive experience in a position requiring problem solving, problem analysis and creative solutions skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and follow up skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner and help foster teamwork and knowledge sharing to complete key tasks
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Aptitude to communicate complex analytic findings and conclusions in an easy to understand way
- Experience with Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong programming skills with querying languages
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred - (degree related to finance, mathematics, operations, statistics, actuarial science, agriculture, economics or other data related fields is preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in analytics
- 5+ years' leadership experience, either directly or indirectly managing a team of professionals.
- 5+ years’ experience in finance or finance-related role
- 3+ years' experience in database software
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran