Process Technician-Acid/Utilities, Augusta, GA
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Process Technician’s role is to: (1) own and control the process unit in which he/she is assigned; (2 be part of the team that provides safe, ethical, and efficient plant operations in accordance with sound management expectations and practices; (3) operate a safe, environmentally effective, quality and continuously improving process operation.
• Responsible for the safe startup, shutdown, and efficient operation of the assigned process unit.
• Become a "subject matter expert" (SME) on their assigned process and associated equipment.
• Must learn and use the “Augusta Does Accident Prevention Together" (ADAPT) and “Job Hazard Analysis” (JHA) process.
• Knows and complies with all safety policies and procedures.
• Must work safely at all times using proper safety equipment.
• Actively works with maintenance personnel to maximize efficiency including following schedules and having equipment ready for maintenance per schedule.
• Before issuing work related permits, communicate process and equipment related information, issues, and hazards to the workers.
• Generate work requests to fix deficiencies in process areas.
• Writes a legible record of operations activities in area log book.
• Offer suggestions to improve the process.
• Participates in special projects as assigned.
• Must maintain good continuous communications with shift mates, shift supervisor, other operating areas, support personnel, and other management.
• Produces quality products and services for internal and external customers by complying with ISO policies and procedures.
• Monitors, records, and analyzes process data and uses the information to optimize the process or identify abnormalities.
• Obtains samples, performs analytical tasks, and adjusts the process according to the data obtained.
• Uses acquired skills in the area of vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, smell, feel, and listening to evaluate the process and equipment operator driven reliability (ODR).
• Responsible for housekeeping.
• Follows all applicable environmental policies, procedures, and federal, state and local laws.
• Operates the process in an environmentally sound manner and takes prompt action to correct and report any environmental excursions.
• Actively participates in plant continuous improvement activities.
• Continuously reviews and updates training materials and operating procedures.
• Trains other process technicians.
• Routinely performs operator assigned maintenance.
• Works to identify and remove process and equipment bottlenecks.
• Follows applicable policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements when unloading chemicals, or loading and shipping chemicals and products.
• Meets established work attendance standard. See attachment for physical requirements.
•Communication & Interpersonal Skills
•Results Orientation & Resource Management
High School Diploma or equivalent
Two years post High School-Technical training in craft discipline or chemical operator.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran