Team Leader-Acid/Utilities, Augusta, GA
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Team Leader facilitates operating Team activities in order to achieve team and company goals. He/she is the process subject matter expert and serves as the primary trainer for the Process Technicians. Provides coverage for absent Process Technicians. This position reports to the Shift Supervisor.
- Studies and learns the process using the job training plan and standard operating procedures and successfully passes a skills demonstration to certify on each job.
- Maintains "Qualified" status on each area operating post.
- Provides resources to and participates in the ADAPT Behavioral Safety Process and uses acquired knowledge and skills to identify and prevent unsafe acts and other safety hazards.
- Is an active member of the SH&E Committee.
- Must work safely at all times using proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and endeavors to upgrade his/her unit in both housekeeping and general safety.
- Prepares Safety Permits to ensure work is completed safely and in accordance with proper procedure. Assists in upgrading procedures as applicable.
- Audits the personnel using the permits for compliance.
- A positive leader, change agent, and sells operator ownership of the processes.
- Produces quality products and services for internal and external customers using various quality tools such as Pareto Charts, SPC Charts, fishbone diagrams and other acquired team skills such as team dynamics, effective communications, and leadership skills.
- A supporter of management practices and AQIP.
- Maintains control of the process by knowing all standard operating conditions and limits and correcting deviations from control points as rapidly as is commensurate with safe and efficient operation.
- Assists new and experienced Process Technicians in job training and certifications.
- Helps ensure proper job coverage due to operator technician absences or plant demands.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assists team members in developing and updating training materials and operating procedures on a continuous basis.
- Gives Shift Supervisor input relating to personnel matters, e.g. Job Performance, etc.
- May fill in for Shift Supervisor during their absence.
- Will become the shift manager when acting in the Shift Supervisor position.
- Safety Commitment
- Results Orientation & Resource Management
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Continuous Improvement
- Engagement and Accountability
- Certified as a Process Technician on each job in the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated positive leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team Player
- Must be able to think and respond properly/quickly.
- Must be able to handle stress.
- Must be able to endure a fast, steady pace for extended periods.
- Two years post High School-Technical training in craft discipline or chemical operator
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran