Account Representative, Customer Service, Northbrook, IL
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position will report to the Manager, Customer Service in Northbrook.
- Communicate with customers every day regarding their needs and expectations of our products and services.
- Collaborate with Sales, Transportation, Product Management, Supply Chain, and Credit along with our plants and warehouses to manage customer order activity acknowledging requirements of assigned accounts.
- Learn and understand our Nitrogen, Phosphate, and Potassium nutrients as well as specialty lines of products in our Agricultural, Industrial, and Feed Divisions.
- Act as a resource for assigned Sales persons regarding the daily activity of your shared accounts.
- Accurately satisfy customer inquiries regarding: order status, product availability, product specifications, shipping documents, product safety, etc.
- Coordinate and verify timely delivery of orders with plants, transportation group and customers through use of delayed shipment reports and customer preferences.
- Receive, evaluate, and record customer complaints in a courteous manner in accordance with complaint resolution guidelines along with recognizing reoccurring issues and recommending policy or procedural changes to decrease future occurrences.
- Handle customer orders, phone calls, and emails along with making decisions on requests originating from plants after hours on a weekly basis rotating coverage with coworkers.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills along with being able to exercise independent decision making within established guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills is essential.
- Experienced in a variety of software programs and applications with an aptitude to learn new systems.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, being detail oriented and comfortable in a team environment.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize deliverables.
- Solid understanding of Customer Service processes and procedures and how transactions flow through and report in the various systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
- Ideal candidate should have a Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Business, Logistics or related four year degree.
- Preferred experience or background in an Agricultural, Commodities or Industrial Chemicals is beneficial but not required
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet