Credit Admin Team Lead - US
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Manager, Retail Credit Operations this position is responsible for leading a team of Credit Administrators in the Credit Shared Services Center who are responsible for performing clerical duties necessary to gather credit information and documentation and process credit requests while also performing those duties.
- Leads team of Credit Administrators ensuring day to day work is completed timely and accurately and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for some aspects of people leadership within the Administrative team including performance management, coaching, and development to build and maintain positive relationships with credit personnel and field staff
- Ensures team workloads are balanced and credit requests are successfully handled on a first in first out basis
- Works closely with Manager, Credit Operations to provide regular reports and updates on processing status for assigned team
- Serves as escalation point for any processing related concerns, questions or issues from field Credit personnel
- Works with location personnel to obtain credit information and documentation necessary to process credit requests
- Checks credit information and documentation for completeness and accuracy and works with location personnel if additional information is required
- Enters credit information into system according to predefined standards
- Scans credit documents, such as credit applications, to customer’s electronic file
- Ensures all necessary information is in customer’s electronic file to support credit request and starts review for reviewer
- Works with other members of team to ensure credit requests are handled on a first in first out basis
- Takes incoming calls, answering credit questions directly wherever possible and redirecting to other individuals as needed
- Submits or assists in submitting security registrations and releases where necessary and as directed by field Credit personnel
- Maintains confidentiality of all credit information
- Performs all duties in a respectful manner and with a spirit of cooperation with customers and fellow employees
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with the ability to lead and influence
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Demonstrated personnel management to motivate and oversee employees
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail and clerical abilities
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Associate’s degree (with specialization in business) or a combination of related experience and education
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a credit or call center role, with supervisory experience required
- Previous credit experience is considered an asset
- Previous experience in automated credit environment is considered an asset
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solution policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran