Senior HR Business Partner & Manager, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate HR Business Relations & Advisory Services, the Senior HR Business Partner & Manager is responsible for providing strategic HR consulting and problem-solving solutions to the senior business leaders within the Corporate business functions. This position collaborates as a strategic business partner with leaders within the assigned client groups to contribute to business direction and strategy through the effective development and deployment of HR initiatives. With the recent creation of Nutrien through the merger of Agrium and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan, this role will be instrumental in working with the business to coordinate and oversee large scale organization transformation and change management while aligning programs and practices to support Nutrien’s business strategy.
- Provide leadership to a small team of HR Business Advisors and with them engage with Corporate client groups and provide a people perspective to support the successful execution of the client’s business strategy
- Serve as an unbiased consultant to the business to mitigate risk to the company by ensuring fair treatment and a balanced approach for those impacted by the implementation of new policy, procedures and/or organizational change, problem resolution and human capital decisions
- Work with leaders to anticipate future human capital requirements based on business, industry and market conditions
- Provide advanced HR expertise to client groups as it pertains to Total Rewards (pay, benefits, pension), Recruitment, Organizational Effectiveness, Learning & Development, Diversity Inclusion, M&A disciplines
- Anticipate the impact that new or cyclical HR initiatives will have on the client groups and work with leaders to implement them accordingly
- Demonstrate expert knowledge around HR initiatives and policies and leverage the Center of Excellences (COE), external data, and industry
- Utilizing change management philosophy, work with client group leaders to design future state changes (people, process, and structure), prepare change plans, and engage with leaders to implement
- Apply critical thinking and thought leadership to diagnose complex performance issues and work with business leaders prepare solutions and support implementation
- Take lead role in the implementation of HR initiatives and projects within the Corporate function
- Apply effective people leadership skills leading team of HR Business Advisors, specifically, performance management, career development, and budget management
- Work with client groups to champion the enterprise culture of continuous improvement by ensuring the appropriate talent structure, engagement model, performance management and recognition systems are in place
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- Experience with North American human resource practices preferably in a multi-location environment
- Knowledge of employment standards in Canada and the United States
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical human resource initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate and present a human resource perspective to senior leadership
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with and influence individuals in different disciplines and at different levels
- Superior leadership skills; ability to influence and engage indirect reports and peers
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability working in a matrix environment to reduce typical business information silos in order to increase cooperation and communication and work more effectively across business functions
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to business clients and peers with diverse levels of expertise
- Knowledge of agriculture, retail, and chemical markets
- Experience with various change management methodologies to support client groups through transformational change initiatives
Required Professional Qualifications and Education:
- Awareness of the Agriculture and Chemical industry practices and cycles
- Knowledge of Human Resource governance practices across the geographical locations of Nutrien – particularly in North America
- Degree in human resources is required
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience with proven career growth path in a global organization
- Experience with large ERP systems (SAP preferred, but not imperative) and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to travel in both Canada and the United States and work flexible hours to support business clients
- Experience in a fast-paced growth environment, providing strategic direction from a human resources standpoint
- Experience with problem solving in complex projects that have a company-wide impact
- Ability to develop, implement and manage change effectively
- Highly motivated and able to lead and inspire a team
- Possess a strong ability to develop relationships
- Able to work collaboratively across multiple functions
- Ability to balance the requirements of the Corporate HR department and the clients which we support
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.