Warehouse Supervisor - Mine, Vanscoy, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reports directly to the Vanscoy Procurement Manager.
- Drive Nutrien's safety culture by leading safety shares, encouraging collaboration with suppliers who have strong SH&E performance, and personally leading by example.
- Manage a team of hourly warehouse persons to execute all aspects of warehouse operation including receiving, issuing, storage, physical inventory counts, Vendor Managed Inventory programs and facility maintenance
- Directly support or lead synergy capture initiatives targeting $15M warehouse and inventory optimization run-rate
- Optimize and drive efficiencies of current operations through continuous improvement
- Ensure materials stored in the warehouse are maintained in the SAP material master data base in accordance with Best Practices and site-specific policies.
- Guide the identification of proper and justifiable reorder points and reorder quantities to maintain optimal working capital levels to support the needs of Maintenance and Operations
- Ability to collaboratively lead teams in holistic business based situation analysis, solution generation and action steps.
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong organizational, project management, time management, and people management skills.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills, adaptability/flexibility and the ability to develop innovative concepts, techniques and effectively generate recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management and staff; exceptional written communication, oral presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments, seek common ground and establish alignment on common goals.
- Motivated, high-energy and self-starter business mindset; proven change agent with excellent facilitation skills.
- Hands-on; no reservation to roll-up sleeves and perform out of scope duties to get the job done.
- Incumbent must have a minimum of 8 years of warehouse experience and four years of supervisory experience in a union environment.
- A Business degree, Professional Parts Person Designation or equivalent education;
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement, Inventory Management, Lean / Six Sigma, or Operational Planning preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of SAP Materials Management, or similar system would be an asset.
- High commitment and practice to safety
- Exercises good judgment and makes effective, sound, timely and informed decisions
- Adapts and is flexible and resilient in response to constraints, failures, and adversity
- Promotes efforts aimed at improving current business processes through a culture that fosters continuous improvement and innovation
- Trains and develops staff, provides constructive performance feedback and appraisals, and takes appropriate corrective action to address performance
- Manages projects and leads initiatives in the workplace
- Builds and maintains effective relationships to share information, establish partnerships, and leverage expertise to accomplish the organization’s goal
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.