I/E Technician, Geismar, Louisiana
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reports to the I/E Supervisor
- Position can focus on either instrument/control or electrical responsibilities.
- Instrumentation/control responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairs, and calibration of pneumatic/electronic controllers, recorders, indicators, control valves, positioners, analyzers, transducers, sensing devices, control wiring, and various parts of control loops.
- Electrical responsibilities include troubleshooting and repair of lighting systems, starters, variable frequency drives, various conduit and wiring systems, switchgear, and transformers.
- Makes area and equipment inspections, collects and records equipment data, follows standard Maintenance Operating Procedures, and performs work activities safely and with environmental soundness.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots instrumentation, control systems, and electrical equipment to contribute to maximizing production capacity.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of electronic process control systems, including distributed control (DCS), and programmable logic control (PLC) systems, and the ability to troubleshoot and maintain these systems through periodic calibrations.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics, including fractions, decimals, and basic algebra.
- Prioritizes own work and receives minimal supervision in accordance with work order system. Directly reports to E&I Lead Technician.
- Performs moderately complex repairs and maintenance of plant instrumentation equipment, and actively participates in the implementation of new equipment.
- Possesses an understanding of E&I equipment specification, electrical system field investigation.
- Contributes to and performs duties in all plant wide electrical shut downs for maintenance.
- Supports electrical contractor employees on maintenance repairs and projects when needed.
- Performs work activity according to site’s electrical safety programs and procedures consistent with the NEC, NFPA codes, OSHA regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Actively participates in training to other less senior E&I technicians.
- Actively participates in the site’s preventive maintenance program on electrical distribution equipment and assets by leading efforts to monitor, test, and optimize the operation of the high voltage distribution network, i.e. high voltage overhead distribution system, generators, high voltage substations, transformers, switchgears, 4.16 and 0.48 kv motor starters, protection relays, motors, UPS and batteries.
- Performs all other duties as directed by site E&I Superintendent
- Minimum of High School or G.E.D. degree and participation in a formal apprenticeship program.
- Formal Industrial I&E Technician Certification from an accredited training institution &/or License preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in the industrial manufacturing electrical and instrumentation setting; chemical plant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran