Administrator, Benefits and Leaves (Temporary Role up to 1 year - 40 hours per week), Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Benefits, Leaves and Pensions Team in Loveland, CO the HR Benefits and Leaves Administrators are the subject matter experts (SME’s) for HR inquiries relating to Benefits and Leaves for US and Canada that are either directed by the HR Support Services Team as part of an escalation or due to its complexity, or by direct reach out from managers or HR colleagues. Responsible for providing accurate and timely support within agreed team SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Provide exceptional customer service to employees from a diverse organization that are seeking additional information relevant to HR Services, or redirecting as appropriate.
- Achieve mastery of HR SSC knowledge by engaging in cross training activities to upskill your ongoing personal knowledge and experience of the Benefits, Leaves and Retirement areas within the HRSSC group.
- Maintain a broad and up to date knowledge of US & Canadian legislations pertaining to Benefits, Leaves and Retirement to make administrative and procedural decisions and exercise judgment on sensitive issues in alignment with corporate policy/regulations.
- Support the ongoing development and continuous improvement initiatives within the HR Shared Service Center by participating in activities such as the review and update of process documentation and team ways of working.
- Ensure that your work is managed effectively and efficiently through company systems and that you are adaptable and supportive of any new or changing technologies
- Safeguard employee privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive information.
- To ensure that health, safety, security and risk issues are considered and factored into all areas of activity. Regular reviews are undertaken and actions taken as necessary
- Communicate and resolve escalated issues relating to Health and Welfare, Retirement and Benefit programs including enrollment eligibility, claims resolution, payroll deductions as well as COBRA, HSA and FSA issues.
- Administration of leave programs in compliance with US and Canadian regulations and equitable application of policies and laws (i.e. FMLA, USERRA)
- Uses regulations, decision matrices, benefit plan descriptions, enrollment, instruction guidelines and vendor information to determine appropriate benefit selection
- Administer count order processing and maintenance.
- Assist with internal benefit plan communications and forms to ensure necessary and timely distribution occurs. Support the processing, generating, assembling, distributing, scanning and editing of forms and files, as needed.
- Support the Center of Excellent (COE) team with the planning and execution of the annual Open Enrollment process and ad hoc projects as and when assigned by the Team Lead.
- Act as liaison between life insurance beneficiaries and the Vendor for employees.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to the HR Support Services Team to assist with their upskilling in Benefits and Leaves information to enable them to respond to customer inquiries as the first point of contact.
- Ongoing development and review of weekly/monthly audits for Benefits, Leaves and Retirement HR System data input to maintain data integrity by preventing errors in HR information and providing reporting to monitor tasks.
- Maintain up-to-date Health and Welfare compliance documents and work with Team Lead on compliance reporting and analysis as needed.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years Health and Welfare and/or Human Resources administration
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to troubleshoot and respond to client inquiries by telephone or email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word and Excel
- 2-3 years benefits administration experience, preferably with large, multi-state/province company
- Experience of working in a HR Shared Service Environment
- Knowledge of benefit-related regulatory requirements
- SAP Benefits and Leave Administration experience preferred
- Experience with Canadian or US HR data, business rules and legislative requirements
- Experience utilizing Case Resolution System
- Ability to speak/translate Spanish or French Canadian would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, analytical, problem solving skills and initiative to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; comfortable working with multiple functions and in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented, team environment.
- Demonstrated strengths in decision-making and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and respond appropriately to urgent requests
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patience and empathy in both written and verbal communications.
- Solution-oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and team members.
- Strong willingness to continuously improve the performance of both one’s self and the HR SSC through continuous learning and self-development.
- Ability to be flexible in terms of working schedule, potential requirement to work overtime or weekends during peak activity periods.
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team within an open plan corporate office environment.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran