Manager, Health & Safety, White Springs, Fl.
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Direct, plan, implement, promote, and control safety related activities.
- Provide day-to-day direction and supervision to the Safety department personnel to meet site safety objectives
- Recommend to site senior management overall safety goals and objectives for the site to help maintain a safe workplace through continuous improvement.
- Manage the site safety rules and procedures manual and facilitate review to keep procedures current and effective.
- Promote, monitor, and report on compliance with all elements of Corporate Safety, Health, Environment (SHE) programs, including planned inspections, job observations, safety meetings, tool box meetings, accident/incident investigation recommendations, TapRoot investigations, incident reporting, etc.
- Conduct risk assessments and ensure procedures are developed and maintained, and training and equipment is in place to respond to all foreseeable emergencies on site.
- Compile, analyze and report to site on safety data streams and trends to influence change and improve safety performance.
- Monitor health of site’s entire safety program and recommend to management where remedial action is necessary to maintain standards. Explore where site’s safety programs, policies, and procedures can be improved or expanded.
- Review safety training material and support front line management in delivering safety training to ensure that employees are properly trained to safely perform assigned tasks.
- Provide assistance to all departments to ensure that all applicable and relevant legislative requirements are being met, e.g., MSHA and OSHA.
- Incident Investigation – competent in the facilitation of root cause analysis, preferably TapRoot.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and understands the application of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) regulations, including the classification of occupational injuries and illnesses and management of safety statistics. Familiar with and demonstrates knowledge in the external regulations and standards such as NFPA, OSHA, MSHA and ANSI.
- Competence in writing policy, procedures, programs and standards, including the revision and approval processes.
- The ability to assess the health of entire safety program and make recommendations to management for continuous improvement. Working knowledge of Corporate and site safety program and policies/procedures is necessary.
- Professional /academic qualifications in any of the following: engineering, science, occupational / industrial safety & health or risk management. Attainment of Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation/accreditation is highly desired.
- At least 5 years of safety experience in an industrial environment, preferably with supervisory responsibility.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. In order to ensure consideration for this role, candidates are encouraged to apply by July, 31, 2018. However, this job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran