Supervisor, Accounts Payable, Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounts Payable & Receivable, the Supervisor, Accounts Payable leads a large group of business support/administrative staff to ensure all accounts payable are paid appropriately. Based out of Saskatoon, this leader must have strong operational experience, excellent relationship building skills and a leadership style which engages and supports their team. This position is part of a group that will be experiencing significant change in the next 18 months as Nutrien adopts a centralized Accounts Payable service delivery model. The upcoming period of transition will require flexibility, creativity and a compassionate approach to supporting the Accounts Payable team, as the Company works towards centralization.
- Supervise a team of 10 or less business support/administrative staff using a compassionate and supportive approach to problem solving. These supervisory responsibilities include mentoring staff, performance reviews, performance management as well as overseeing staffing needs.
- Ensure timely, reliable, and accurate processing of payables.
- Ensure timely completion of month-end processes to support monthly financial close and reporting.
- Maintain appropriate, or execute approved changes to, system setups and responsibilities.
- Act as first line of contact for system end-users and stakeholders in granting access, providing support and training, and troubleshooting daily and month-end processing issues.
- Proactively review, prioritize and resolve system/processing issues, liaising as necessary with other teams or departments.
- Build and maintain knowledge of other Oracle/SAP modules that are integrated with Payables and how the modules affect each other.
- Participate in development, testing and training when implementation of new software affects payables.
- Execute and/or coordinate testing to confirm that upgrades, fixes, and enhancements to the system modules are performed satisfactorily.
- Develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives, including report creation and process enhancements.
- Prepare and maintain process and procedures documentation and training materials.
- Train and coach employees on the use of the Payables and related modules, enhancing service delivery.
- Actively liaises with key stakeholders: including tax and treasury, with an appreciation for the importance of a strategic partnership with procurement.
- Measures and reports on accounts payable activity, performance, with an understanding of how accounts payable contributes to Company and department wide goals and initiatives.
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- Ability to delegate and think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Comfortable managing multiple end user issues with a collaborative style.
- Superior problem-solving skills with a flexible and creative approach to dealing with new and challenging situations
- Strong work ethic, motivated, and exhibits excellent organizational, time and people management skills.
- University degree, accompanied by 5 or more years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Supervisory experience that includes a demonstrated ability to support a team through periods of significant change.
- Proficiency with computer systems including Oracle and/or SAP (Payables, Purchasing and General Ledger) and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines is essential.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.