Manager, Canadian Payroll, Saskatoon, SK
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Director, Finance Services, the Manager, Canadian Payroll oversees a group of payroll professionals, ensuring that all payroll processes for Canada are executed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Aligns departmental objectives with overall corporate direction to offer optimal payroll services for Canadian entities.
- Manages payroll information systems, workload, projects and priorities of payroll team to maximize efficiency and meet operational standards.
- Develops/refines payroll processes to ensure delivery of pay and related information to employees in timely manner, ensures compliance with all laws, regulations and union contracts.
- Maintains professional knowledge of all payroll related legislative changes. Ensures payroll processes conform to established company guidelines and policies.
- Oversees, reviews preparation of payroll and benefit related account reconciliations.
- Maintains wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats; allowing for up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Supervise and mentor payroll staff.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Year-end processes such as final year-end adjustment payroll, verifying tax reports and T4s
- Develop and implement a shared services culture that enables exceptional customer service to be provided to all Nutrien current and prospective employees.
- Lead, coach and develop the Payroll team to improve capability, encourage best practice and deliver optimal results that align with business direction. Engage with members of the team about their individual performance, career aspirations and development needs.
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities of the Canadian Payroll Team and that of organizational partners by developing clear and workable performance agreements.
- Collaborate with leaders in Finance & HR to set operational goals, plan and prioritize work, and align resources to execute that work related to payroll inputs and outputs.
- Collaborate with leaders across Nutrien’s functional departments and strategic business units to redesign, streamline and integrate work processes and practices where appropriate to ensure seamless service delivery to business.
- Strong relationship builder across functional lines
- Strong commitment to process development and standardization of practices.
- Leadership experience in a fast paced, Shared Service type environment with a focus on continual improvement.
- Problem solving skills sufficient to creatively apply complex concepts in the development of unique and innovative solutions to global and regional problems and issues.
- Successful project and time management
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as a professional attitude required.
- Must have excellent Excel skills
- Ability to work independently
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet