Buyer, Borger, TX
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Buyer position is an integral part of the Strategic Procurement functions. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the buyer creates purchase orders, and ensures needed parts/materials and Services are readily available and/or can be obtained quickly. The position is the primary contact for all plant purchases and is responsible for ensuring support for Agrium’s procurement goals.
The Buyer will be a critical member of the “on-site” team, supporting site-level purchasing execution and cost management. Buyer will primarily support the daily requirements of procurement S2C and P2P processes such as RFP, purchase order and invoice processing, managing local and certain regional category procurement, managing local supplier relationships, and supporting site-level strategic efforts as the Procurement Business Partner to the Maintenance and Operations organizations.
- Support site-level category strategy execution and cost management for operating and capital expenditures as applicable
- Fully utilize centrally developed Procurement Policy, aligned business processes and enabling systems, and the strategic procurement methodology and procedures
- Optimize purchasing within his/her area of responsibility for cost, delivery, and quality
- Demonstrate proficiency in category strategy
- Support Nutrien internal customers (“end users”) as the Procurement Business Partner
- Facilitate and support meeting the end users’ needs resulting from use of the center led strategic procurement process for sourcing and buying local goods and services as necessary, including providing appropriate and timely input to planning of day-to-day operating requirements and capital project needs; and assisting in RFx processes including developing proper scopes of work, evaluating bids, negotiation preparation and execution, completing and implementing local contracts
- Provide procurement specific support to local site-based end users to complete material requisitions correctly and completely
- Flawlessly execute the P2P process quickly and accurately to source required goods and services
- Reorder materials as needed based on specific requests within defined spend limits and at defined reorder points by using the procurement aligned business processes and supporting systems
- Support and manage local supplier relationships
- Lead periodic performance, business, and financial reviews with local suppliers, based on agreed upon KPIs utilizing the center led procurement quarterly business review (QBR) model. Ensure that KPI data is accurate and regularly updated. Ensure that suppliers are informed of their performance results and appropriate resolutions are identified and executed (when needed)
- Process invoices in a timely manner following Nutrien procurement policy and procedures
- Address inquiries from suppliers and engage appropriate stakeholders as required
- Meet individual and department goals & objectives targets identified by management
- Perform additional tasks as defined by the Site Procurement Manager
- This position will be responsible for negotiating pricing and terms on Nutrien's behalf
- This position will also be responsible for receiving and issue of materials in the warehouse
- Purchasing of goods, materials, supplies and services in accordance with MM best practices
- Obtain quotes for process equipment
- Complete assigned workflows for purchase requisitions, resolve invoice to PO matching issues, commodity management, and ICA approval
- Manage contracts, vendors and negotiations as assigned by Materials Manager/Supervisor
- Collaborate with Corporate contract specialists to develop supply chain strategies that reduce total costs
- Develop suppliers to improve on time delivery, quality, and cost
- Receiving and issuing of materials
- Clear and solid understanding of, and practical experience with, enterprise asset management (maintenance, procurement, inventory management), spend management (e.g., Analysis & Reports) and enterprise resource planning systems and tools.
- Prior SAP and Ariba experience is a plus
- Warehouse inventory management experience a plus
- Experience working with both internal and external clients at varying organizational levels
- Maintenance, project, and/or operations experience at an operating facility or a heavy industrial site is considered an asset
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Be a self-starter, able to work with little direct oversight
- Ability to handle a large and varied workload
- Team leadership skills capable of managing a small team process to meet defined objectives
- Good understanding of moderate contract language, with a strong attention to detail
- High School diploma, preferred Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- CPP (Certified Purchasing Professional) or Certificate in Supply Chain Management certification preferred
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 5+ years purchasing experience
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran