Director, IT – Retail Sales & Operations, TD&L and Procurement - Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Growth is a top priority for Nutrien and it doesn’t just apply to the nutrients we make or the size of our business. Nutrien’s Information Technology (IT) team is transforming how we deliver technology to the company; a leading global manufacturer of crop nutrients and retailer of agricultural inputs. We are on a journey to achieve IT excellence and we invite you to be a part of our new IT organization.
The Director, IT – Retail Sales & Operations, TD&L, and Procurement will oversee the daily operational activities, process improvement, and project delivery & support for the following IT areas/systems: Sales, Operations, Pricing, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, Procurement, Transportation, and Logistics. The role will report to the VP, Information Technology - Retail. This role will serve as a member of the IT Retail Leadership team which is accountable for delivering world-class IT services, support, and thought leadership to the Nutrien Retail organization.
- Builds, leads and motivates team to “Top Performer” standards. Inspires team to meet stretch targets and through personal development and management, grows a dynamic team.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key leaders across the organization. Initiates and maintains consistent and open dialog with business partners.
- With the IT VP of Retail, establishes and promotes the overall vision for how IT can support the Retail business.
- Ensures IT is an effective partner and enabler by identifying factors critical to business success and driving operational effectiveness.
- Responsible for collaborating on and delivering IT service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and is accountable for the achievement of KPI goals.
- Strategic Planning:
- Understands the direction for IT enterprise architecture and how it pertains to achieving business outcomes.
- Understands business direction and facilitates a business-driven portfolio management process to ensure IT projects are aligned with company objectives.
- Provides input to IT leadership on both short-term and long-term portfolio planning to enable the achievement of Nutrien’s business strategy.
- Develop annual and long-term portfolio plans that enable Nutrien IT to meet the growth and demands of Retail
- Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with business partners that enable the overall success of the relationship.
- Deliver effective communications to Retail field leadership.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with key stake holders representing a broad range of functions and levels; uses informal networks to get things done; builds strong external networks with people in the industry or profession.
- Able to communicate at various levels from senior business stakeholders to technical subject matter experts in designing and developing technical solutions to business needs.
- Responsible for compliance with service level agreements
- Identify and prioritize service level and compliance deficiencies
- Service Delivery:
- Manage delivery of services on a day to day basis
- Drive resolution of issues
- Ensure compliance with security practices/guidelines, and relevant technology standards
- Coordinate and mediate Service Partner delivery issues
- Identify the need for, review and approve service improvement plans to address issues
- Review and approve root cause analysis for systemic issues with production
- Understand the scope of partner services as defined in partner agreements as related to testing and implementation
- Communicate with business on certain incident management statuses and progress
- Broker effective communications between vendor and business to develop resolutions to systemic/pervasive issues
- Financial Management:
- Develop and manage portfolio operation budget in alignment with CapEx/OpEx
- Understand the contracts to leverage existing services to new /improved business solutions
- Understand scope of services for rationalization of portfolio to decrease cost of delivery
- Effective with creative solutioning and communication to influence others or facilitate resolution of a problem / business issue. Uses negotiation skills when appropriate.
- Provides technical/process expertise and guidance and working towards common goal. Brings appropriate individuals together to accomplish business objectives; facilitates access to critical competencies; knows whom to call, whom to involve.
- Actively attends to and conveys understanding of the comments and questions of others; listens well in a group. Creates an environment encouraging the open exchange of information and viewpoints.
- Proactively shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
- Applies self-management techniques to include: acting with integrity, demonstrating adaptability, setting personal development goals, and working efficiently.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- High energy – service oriented person with highly developed interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with multi-national teams
- Strong oral and written communication/presentation skills, effectively communicating technical issues.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or other relevant field.
- 10 or more years of experience in Information Technology
- 5-8 years of experience in supporting Applications.
- Previous experience at leading a group of IT professionals and influencing others.
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders/vendors at senior levels of the organization
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran