Manager, State Registrations - Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Retail Registrations & Regulatory Affairs and will support the Registrations & Regulatory Affairs function of Nutrien’s customers and stakeholders in North America by: Stewarding Nutrien’s registration portfolio through contacts with federal and state agencies, proactively identifying and responding to laws and regulations dealing with correct labeling and registration and other daily challenges through a regulatory lens.
This position includes the development, implementation, training, periodic updating and auditing of a comprehensive Registrations and Regulatory program to ensure all proprietary products being offered for sale are in regulatory compliance. This position will ensure compliance with government legislation, federal and state regulations and corporate policy pertaining to registrations and regulatory affairs.
- Applies to states for registration of new products, maintain current label version with states, and renew currently registered products
- Maintains Loveland Products and Nutrien Ag Solutions products currently registered with states, including but not limited to:
- Responding to state registration eligibility decisions and data call-ins
- Working with LPI Managers to update label text as required by states
- Maintain product registration paper and electronic files and current registration data in registration databases
- Interacts and communicates with state regulatory officials on registration of crop protection products, fertilizers, seeds, plant nutritionals and adjuvants - also, interacts with state regulatory officials to resolve issues and maintain positive working relationships
- Monitors state communications to determine events and proposed actions that will affect registrations
- Participates in and monitors activities of governmental and/or industry working groups and associations
- Communicates with Marketing Managers, Manager Registrations and Propriety Product Managers to ensure the proposed labels are written properly for state regulatory acceptance
- Perform mini regulatory audits at Nutrien Ag Solutions branch locations to review inventories of Loveland Products on hand and verify correct labeling
- Interacts and communicates with Nutrien Ag Solutions Divisions on label complaint investigations, keeping Marketing Managers, Manager Registrations and
- Propriety Product Managers appraised of any complaints
- Assists Manager Registrations, Marketing Managers, and Propriety Product Managers on telephone calls and emails concerning state registered labels
- Work with Fertilizer & Plant Nutrition Manager to address reporting questions and discrepancies and respond to state audits
- Investigate fertilizer deficiencies, violations or penalties to mitigate damages and address issues
- Track all deficiency and violations and process referee required samples from branches as necessary
- Develop and maintain associated standard operating procedures for position, and contribute to departmental process and procedures
- Attend AAPFCO (Association of American Plant Control Officials) and AAPCO (American Association Pest Control Officials) annual and midyear conferences to maintain relationships with state officials and stay current on laws, regulations and industry issues
- Participate in and contribute to company’s internal fertilizer working groups, fertilizer industry work groups and committees as an advocate and representative of the organization
- Participate in development of Regulatory Administrative Management System (RAMS) related to agronomic licenses and fertilizer label workflow management
- Work with Senior Manager, EPA Registrations to maintain all Nutrien Retail US locations agronomic licenses, including updating electronic license SharePoint site
- Participate in regulatory training opportunities with Nutrien personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Office Suite and NPIRS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 3 years of experience with agricultural product registration and regulatory issues
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with industry regulators, as well as field locations
- Ability to read and understand detailed state regulations
- Proficient on computer, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and NPIRS
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran