Solutions Architect, Proprietary Technology, Innovation, and Legal (PTIL) - Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Proprietary Technology, Innovation, and Legal team is responsible for architecting and designing solutions to meet specific SBU business demand and ensuring integrity of design through to implementation of the solution. The Solution Architects represent deep subject matter expertise in business process, solution design, best practices, and technologies supporting Nutrien’s technical and business environments.
This role will be responsible for oversight of suppliers throughout detailed design process to assure solutions inclusive of the Nutrien Proprietary Technologies, Innovation, and Legal (PTIL), enable the Nutrien enterprise and in particular our chemical and seed manufacturing, and legal business units to achieve a high level of systems integration, maximize the reuse of components and empower the rapid deployment of solutions in response to business demand for change.
- Lead the development of enterprise–wide IT PTIL vision in collaboration with the Sr. Manager, Proprietary Technologies, Innovation, and Legal.
- Assist in development of IT PTIL roadmap at entity-wide and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) level, inclusive of standards and guidelines for effective and efficient delivery of enterprise applications
- Oversee and coordinate supplier work and proposals to ensure alignment with design consistency for the long term architectural vision and roadmap for delivering quality driven, comprehensive and relevant manufacturing, innovation, and legal IT capabilities.
- Serve as primary client-facing technical solution resource to collaborate on solution components required to meet business objectives delivering IT capabilities.
- Oversee and coordinate standards and guidelines for the effective and efficient delivery of enterprise applications, including manufacturing, innovation, and legal IT platforms.
- Oversee solution design and development to meet specific new business demand and coordinate development of a cohesive technical solution estimate for proposed business needs.
- Determine optimal approach to develop and deliver required functionality from financial, architectural, operational perspectives (e.g. build/buy new or COTS; configure or customize existing application, subscriptions)
- Work with project managers and project sponsors to provide enterprise solutions to specific business problems and issues across many domains
- Coordinate technical and functional requirements and facilitate definition of project scope, goals and deliverables for Application Development vendors supporting business needs
- Oversee and review testing plans and outcomes to validate proposed solution meets architectural intent and is appropriate in response to business demand for change
- Collaborates with the broader Nutrien IT community to ensure that their solutions aligns with target architectures and technology roadmaps
- University degree in engineering, computer science or business administration
- 5 years in Solution Architecture or Enterprise Architecture functions including cross-domain experience
- Heavy experience in solution design and delivery across the software development lifecycle
- Expertise in manufacturing, continuous/process manufacturing preferred (blending of formulas)
- Expertise in mainstream ERP technologies (SAP)
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting client’s environment
- Strong financial acumen coupled with solid understanding of business structures, processes and information flow in a multi-business unit, global organization
- Experience in development estimation and best practices in solution delivery
- Technical and process expertise to facilitate optimal integration with vendor/supplier resources
- Deep subject matter expertise in business processes, solution design, best practices, and technology in Nutrien’s technical/business environments supporting manufacturing
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet