Maintenance Technician (Millwright) - (Kennewick, Washington, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Maintenance Superintendent.
What you will do:
- Maintain mechanical equipment including steam turbines, gear boxes, blowers, compressors, and various types of pumps
- Ensure safe and efficient work practices including following and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Perform daily maintenance and overhauls on all rotating equipment, as required
- Perform daily and routine preventative maintenance on rotating equipment, as needed
- Perform millwright work including major overhauls of rotating equipment
- Document repairs and reliability information on equipment
- Follow written procedures and completing detailed checklists
- Work closely with contractors, vendors, and internal departments to develop preventative maintenance standards on equipment
- Attend and complete required training, internally and externally specific to job skills
- Play a critical role not only in ensuring your own safety but the safety of others
- Direct accountability for ensuring familiarity and demonstrating the Commitment to Zero policy, leading with a safety mindset
What you will bring:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license, able to operate various types of equipment and/or earn certification
- Proficient in pump alignment to meet industry standards
- Knowledge of various types of mechanical seals, different types of bearings and bearing arrangements
- Working knowledge of computer systems and data management systems including SAP and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use dial calipers, dial indicators, OD & ID micrometers, etc.
- Ability to work in excess of standard schedule including call-outs and holidays
- Ability to work in a team environment, maintaining motivation and willing to accept ownership and accountability
- Possess troubleshooting and analytical ability
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran